Financing in 79416>Question Details

kwgussy, Both Buyer and Seller in Orgas, WV

I am looking to refinance to remodel the house but dont know where to begin....any suggestions???

Asked by kwgussy, Orgas, WV Fri May 10, 2013

The house is one we inherited when mom passed in 2010. I am the only one here and want to move home as it is where I grew up but need to refinance to have the money to put back into the house.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 79416

Answers

3
No simple answer to this since there are a variety of factors. make sure you consult with a few lenders and see what types of products they have for you and shop their rates. Also you may want to look at a credit union and see if they have any attractive products as well.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
If your existing lender is Chase, Bank of America, Citi-corp or Wells Fargo, you may want to call them direct and see what they will do, then compare with local lenders, you may be able to streamline the deal, get a better interest rate and lower closing costs going back through the original lender.
Also.....I am in Lubbock....no Orgas , WV
Flag Sat May 11, 2013
My mom did a home equity loan through Prosperity Bank and there is only about 9000 owed on the house. It is not actually under a mortgage. Not really happy with Prosperity as I have left messages with their mortage dept to call me so I could discuss or make an appointment and no one has ever called me back. I am not really sure what I am doing. My current mortgage is with Bank of America. I am wanting to keep both properties if I can and just swop what I am doing. Move to where I am renting and rent where I live.
Flag Sat May 11, 2013
Schedule a visit with your trusted mortgage loan originator to see if you are in the position to do so. If you are its a great time to do it as rates are still low.