Financing in Vineland>Question Details

lee_leerosa, Home Owner in Vineland, NJ

I am in a home recently claimed chpt 7 due to a layoff, payments were always made on time to my home what are my chances of getting into a new home?

Asked by lee_leerosa, Vineland, NJ Tue Oct 23, 2012

Answers

3
After two years, in most cases you can qualify for mortgage, however you must have a clean payment history with EVERYTHING. Rent, utilities, cell phone bill and an improved credit score.

Good luck to you!
Why are you even thinking of moving after Bankruptcy? Find a new job and reestablish credit. In a few years then you can think of your housing needs.
Luckily having had a bankruptcy is not the end of the world. Providing that you have rebuilt your credit in the 2 years following the discharge of your bankruptcy you could immediately begin looking for a new home. Every person’s situation can be unique so if you would like to spend the time to sit with me I can better assess your situation.