Financing in Sunmor>Question Details

Grant, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

I am an Australian with a house in Palm Springs that I am looking to refinance with a US lender. Appreciate any suggestions or guidance.

Asked by Grant, Outside U.S. Thu Jul 28, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Sunmor

Help the community by answering this question:


Hard money lenders should be able to lend to you. Did you initially purchase the house with all cash?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 30, 2015
You have a number of answers here, Grant, with conventiona wisdom, and there may still be one more possibility. Have you considered a "hard money" lender? Do you know what this is?

Generally, they are willing to take more of a risk than convensional lenders, and of course, will adjust the terms accordingly. That is, may increase the interest rate or adjust the length of the loan, or request a higher equity position.

Just a thought.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 30, 2011" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://

Try this site, hope it helps, good luck Mate!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 29, 2011
Try Walter Neil, Franklin Loan Center 760-779-8137.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 29, 2011

You have a couple of options. It depends if you have some U.S. Immigration Status or not. If not, you can do Private Money or a Foreign National Program. Either way it based on the equity position of your property.

Best of Luck!
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 28, 2011
Hi Grant,

We have an outlet for a foreign national refinance at a 50% loan to value (LTV) if that will help you.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions on this.

All the best,

Roswell Moore, CMPS
Certified Mortgage Planner
480-422-5095 direct

We are a Direct Lender, Mortgage Bank where we originate, process, underwrite and fund FHA (w/a 580 score), 203k, 203k, VA, USDA, Jumbo, Conventional, loans to Canadians, Australians & other Foreign Nationals, on time. NMLS ID 263779 | AZ BK 0903725
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 28, 2011
Do you have any citizenship status in the U.S.? Non-permanent resident alien (Visa)? Permanent resident alien? Are you also a U.S. Citizen?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 28, 2011
Grant, unfortuneately you are face-to-face with the same situation many American home owners find themselves. i am sure you already contacted your current mortgage lender regarding refinancing. Depending on when you purchased your home and the down payment made, you will find the value of your home is equal to or lower than the mortgage balance if purchased within the last 8 years. There may be exceptions based on the golden rule of real estate...location, location, location.

With the address of your home a real estate professional can calculate a statistical value for your home. This should provide a guide regarding the possibility of refinancing.

Contact an agent in the area in which your home is located and request a home evaluation for refinance purposes. The real estate agent will be able to refer you to a lender most able to meet your needs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 28, 2011
Grant as with any refinace no matter your citizenship, you start by meeting with a local and trusted mortgage broker, they can prequailify you at no cost, they will look at your credit plus your financials and let you know if there are any mortgage programs that you may quailify for.…

please see my blog for a list of tips and advice for getting a mortgage
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 28, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer