Financing in New York>Question Details

Mohtashim Fa…, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I am a non resident alien who is interested in buying an apartment in Manhattan. Would I be able to secure financing without any credit history?

Asked by Mohtashim Farooqi, New York, NY Fri Feb 15, 2013

Answers

8
Parish Pradhan’s answer
Yes, you can get financing to buy an apartment in NYC. I work with Citi Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo and Chase. Please email me at parish.pradhan@kwnyc.com and I can put you in touch with the bank that suits you best.

Please be aware that you will have to provide your income an assets in your country or your salary here if you are here on your working visa. You are also looking at 40% down payment and condos only that has to be under an LLC.

Looking forward to it.

Parish
Different banks have different mortgage programs and look at a combination of income, credit history (you should get 2 credit cards and start building you credit history), banking relationship and history, debts, etc.

To see if you qualify, please feel free to contact
Julie Teitel
Senior Vice President - NMLS#148432
GuardHill Financial Corp.
140 East 45th Street, 31st Floor,
New York, NY 10017
Office: (212) 688.9500x229
Direct: (646) 519.7529
Mobile: (917) 648.1388
E-Fax: (775) 245.9435
jteitel@guardhill.com
http://www.guardhill.com
As a non resident alien I have used HSBC in the past.
Flag Sat Dec 13, 2014
Please call me for assistance. My name is Padmini and I can be reached at 347-903-6736.
Hi Mohtashim,

You should speak with a mortgage loan officer, preferably one who speaks your native language and understands your home culture. Also, you should investigate any possible sources in your home country.

Michael Richman
Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
KIAN Realty
450 7th Avenue Suite 1501
New York, NY 10123
212-757-8268 x220
917-991-2528
mrichman@kianrealtynyc.com
http://www.kianrealtynyc.com
Hello. Your question appears to be one of an investor, not an owner/occupant. If the intent is an investment, you need to consult with a Mortgage Professional. Obviously, they will be looking for liquid assets and income/work history along with some form of credit history. It's always best to contact a pro. After that, a Condo would allow you an ease of ownership that a Coop cannot.

If you need a referral, please feel free to ask. Good luck.

Joseph Hastings
Associate Broker
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
joseph.hastings@elliman.com
Possibly. As they say: no credit is better than bad credit. But it depends on how much you can put down, your current income, kind of building you want to purchase an apartment in, and other factors. What is your budget?

Krystyna Rachtan, CNE
Licensed Real Estate Broker

Phone (212) 991-8072 Email: kr@ny-home.net

NEW YORK HOME REAL ESTATE SERVICES, INC.
295 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Hello Mohtashim,
Even though you don't have any credit history, you will have other kind of history from your own country.
I worked with many buyers and investors throughout the old and it is not a 1 paragraph answer.
If you wish to find out more I have to ind out what it is you are looking for
and your financial and personal background. I have placed many people formally over the world in NYC.so. Please contact me andiwillbe able to prequalify you.
Fern Hamberger
VP Asso broker
Fhamberger@corcobran.om
Corcoran
Mohtashim,
You can get financing there are certain lenders you will need to work with, but you will also need a down payment as well. Depending on the lender, that will require the down payment. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at nagostinelli@elegran.com

Nick A. Agostinelli
Elegran Real Estate & Development