Financing in Virginia Beach>Question Details

Ruth Walker, Other/Just Looking in Beckley, WV

I WANT TO RENT TO OWN A HOME,IN VIRGINIA BEACH AREA MUST NEAR OCEAN.,WITH 0 DOWN.,IF INTERESTED PLEASE EMAIL ME OR I AM ON FACE BOOK...Ruth E. Walker.

Asked by Ruth Walker, Beckley, WV Sun Feb 24, 2013

my email is Ruthwalker20atyahoo.com. Looking for 3 bdrms., 2 full baths, room for,pets,less neighbors,a fireplace would be fine,near a veterans clinic or hospital.and a clinic for my Son who's 14 yrs.,old.,schools nearby would be great.Thank you very much!'

Answers

3
Ruth...I think it's going to be tough to find a rent to own with the criteria you have here. Reason being that there simply aren't many of them. Homes are selling. If they are priced right in good condition and in a nice area, they are selling. The only way a seller would do a rent to own if it's the home is in an area where it won't sell. Then they would most likely rent to own. They would most certainly want something down to make it attractive to the seller to do it in the first place. With a rent to own, very little of what you put in rent goes towards owning the home. Of course good credit would most likely be something they would require. Let me suggest talking with a lender to see if you in fact could qualify to buy. That might be a better avenue. Then there's always the traditional route of renting a home or apartment. Good credit is important but you can find what you need in a rental here. Thanks and much luck!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2013
im a young lady in my 30's i have no good credit trying to build it back up. would like to know how can i rent to own a home in chesapeake. i rent 850.00 amnth but will purchase the property. can i find something cheaper bigger and own for that amount.
With a rent to own you should expect to put down 2 - 6% of the purchase price of the house up front. If you find a rent to own with no money down ($0) I'd be concerned its a scam.

Rent to owns are good for people with bad credit but have money.

Buying is great for people who have money and great credit.

Renting is good for people with any level of credit and some money.

You can't have one without the other though...
I think.you are about half right of your reply.,thanks anyway."
Flag Mon Feb 25, 2013