Financing in Waynesville>Question Details

Brian Cramer, Home Owner in Dayton, OH

How soon before I can reapply for a home refinance?

Asked by Brian Cramer, Dayton, OH Fri Jan 14, 2011

A few weeks ago I applied to refinance my home and had the credit score and income to easily do it. I was ignorant however to the fact my home could not be for sale and it never came up in the conversations with the loan office before during or after filling out the application. I just had it taken off the market and as of yesterday was not in underwriting yet but I fear I will be denied because it was just listed. If it is denied how long would I have to wait to re-apply? This is a Chase mortgage and I am refinancing also through chase.

Going through chase for refinance because I can streamline my FHA which means no appraisal AND getting my wife taken off the mortgage as she no longer wants to be on it since I can afford it under my name only. Talked to several banks and my original lender is the only one that can meet this criteria. Too many horror stories about appraisals and would rather not mess with them in this market.

Answers

2
Hi Brian,

As long as you re-apply after your property has been off the market for 1 day, then you will be able to obtain a FHA Streamline refinance without an appraisal.

We are able to complete this transaction for you (you do not have to go through Chase again), please contact me if you would like to begin the application process.

Andrew
aluett@luettmortgagegroup.com
This recently happened to a client and there was no time period needed. It was either listed or not listed. So as soon as your home is no longer listed you should be able to reapply.

You can have your home withdrawn from the market at any time with the permission of the listing Broker. After you get the refi completed then you would be free to relist it.