Financing in Rochester>Question Details

Richard, Home Buyer in England, AR

How much will an attorney cost me??

Asked by Richard, England, AR Mon Nov 12, 2007

I am looking to purchase an investment property in Rochester, could someone please advise me as to what a fair price from an attorney, and a rough guide to closing costs?

Answers

1
Ruthless’ answer
Prices will vary by State, County and city. My attorney is in La Grange, Illinois in Cook County. Someone in downtown Chicago recently gave flat rate transaction attorney rates and they were double what I pay. But I also recently purchased property in Michigan and the attorney rates were by the minute and I paid twice as much as a downtown Chicago transaction would cost.

I would suggest that you repost your question and specify the Rochester area by city and state or zip code. Many agents receive emails if someone posts a question for their location. Your question is posted in all locations and only upon reading the question do you find out the area.

I hope this helps. The referenced thread talks about rates.
Ruth
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 12, 2007
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558