Financing in Turlock>Question Details

Aaron Lewis, Real Estate Pro in Modesto, CA

How much should the appraisal adjustment be for an in-ground pool for a SFR in the Central Valley, CA?

Asked by Aaron Lewis, Modesto, CA Mon Jun 15, 2009

I recently had my home appraised for a refinance (from a 30 down to 15-year loan, hopefully), but the home appraised for much less than I expected it would. A copy of the appraisal reveals the appraiser made $0 adjustments for the fact that my home has an in-ground pool. How much do you think should an inground pool add to the value of a home in Stanislaus County, compared to homes that don't have them?

Answers

3
Aaron, I just did the same on my property and the appraiser adjusted $15k for the pool.

Did you ever get it adjusted?

Daniel Del Real
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 20, 2010
Aaron,

I don't have an answer for you on the adjustment, but if you think that HVCC played any part in the appraisal value discrepancy, you should consider the petition here:

http://www.hvccpetition.com/

In fact, every real estate professional should give this some thought.

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@mortgagemasterinc.com
Aaron,
When I do my BPO's I will allow from $10,000 to $15,000 adjustments for in ground pools. I have yet to have one of my BPO's kicked back to me because of that. I dont know if the same would go for an appraiser.