Financing in San Antonio>Question Details

Sallyb, Home Owner in San Antonio, TX

How much is estimated per square foot to build a house?

Asked by Sallyb, San Antonio, TX Fri Jun 15, 2012

My husband and I are interested in building our own home in San Antonio, or a nearby location. We plan to pre-purchase the land with our savings.

Answers

5
Jason C Campbell’s answer
Ok... I can make this easy for you... I used to do a ton of interim construction financing with a bunch of builders in San Antonio on the loan side... So I might be uniquely qualified to help you on this one..

Depending on the price of your entire project.. a good builder will usually come in between $60 to $80 per square foot.. If you want a really amazing finishout that is "show room" ready... that will range you between $80 and $150 per square foot.

Before you buy the land... I would really want to meet with you and get a solid idea of what you are looking for, and then go visit some builders, walk their model homes, go over floor plans, etc..

You will want to get your financing done before you buy the land... it will make the process a bunch easier, and will also help me to get you a much better deal on the land as well... trust me!

There is a ton to go over, and a lot of details I would like to go over with you, and then we can start looking at some builders and see who wins the battle of "Price for nice" ;)

Give me a call when you have about 10 min to talk on the phone.. and have a pen and paper handy...

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
.
http://www.SAHomeExper.com
It depends on the home design and the location - however, in San Antonio, custom home builders are not as expensive as other cities.
As an estimate, if the lot is leveled, then the builders charge $60-$65 per square foot - this price usually includes everything from setting the foundation to finer details.
A few months ago, I arranged for a client custom home builders who charged $60 sq/ft for a high end home.

Feel free to give me a call any time, if you have any further questions.

Ameen Aziz,
Real Estate Expert in San Antonio, Texas
(210) 749-4240
I am General Contractor recently moved from New York City looking to invest in land somewhere in San Antonio Or Houston area to build Houses or communities for rental..
If someone has something interesting with good construction zoning please let me know ..
Email ( aloquarenovation@gmail.com)
for more information visit us : http://www.aloquarenovation.com
Sally,

That is a bit of a loaded question. The answer is that it depends on many factors like location, materials to be used, degree of finish out, etc.

For example, the ground in the south of town has a lot of sand, not much rock, and is relatively flat. It's much less expensive to build your foundation in the south than it would be in the north. North of town has a lot of rock and topography. The same exact floor plan in the north might cost you $30 or $40 more per square foot not to mention the difference in land costs.

Materials chosen can be vastly different as well. If you want a home with fiber cement siding, it will cost you a lot less than if you want hand cut stone. A metal roof vs. shingle roof. Vinyl flooring vs wood, etc.

I recommend that you enlist the assistance of a good Realtor, Architect, and Lender before making any decisions.

There are so many great builders in the San Antonio and surrounding areas. With that, every builder will have different pricing. There is also an opportuinty to purchase with a builder that offers acreage with the purchase if that is what you are looking for. I can send you specific information on the builders in the area and what they offer if you like.

marcus.laughy@gmail.com
210-393-6187