Financing in Atlanta>Question Details

Natallie Kei…, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA

How many real estate professionals operating in the City of Atlanta are aware of the NeighborhoodLIFT downpayment assistance program? Most? Few?

Asked by Natallie Keiser, Atlanta, GA Thu Mar 21, 2013

Answers

4
Natallie Keiser’s answer
Thank you all. I am actually trying to share information about the program and was curious as to whether many Trulia real estate professionals were aware of it. It is true that there are a number of downpayment assistance programs out there. They are funded by different sources, and unfortunately that is why they all have separate guidelines. Yes, Invest Atlanta is trying to help spread the word on the availability of these programs and how they operate. It is important that the homebuyer work with an agent and a loan officer who are trained and knowledgable about downpayment assistance in order for the closing to go smoothly. If anyone has ideas about how to better share information, please let me know. We have presented to Atlanta Board of Realtors, Empire Board of Realtists and various local realty offices.
Maybe a more important question would be: How many lenders and mortgage consultants are familiar with this and other programs available for down payments assistance. The Neighborhood Lift program is great but it is but 1 of 5 different programs offered through Invest Atlanta. Many of these programs can be combined. There are also other programs such as Georgia Dream available outside of Invest Atlanta. I am well versed on down payment assistance and would be happy to provide guidance to you in your home search. If needed I can provide a list of agents who have undertaken Invest Atlanta's realtor training on these programs as well.

Chris Irvin
Mortgage Banker
Brand Mortgage
NLMS 75615/465546
678-251-7889
cirvin@brandmortgage.com
http://www.chrisirvin.com
Recently Invest Atlanta had a workshop for Realtor's discussing not only Neighborhood Lift but several other down payment assistant programs. Invest Atlanta is a great resource to educate yourself on the programs.

If you have any questions you may contact me at 404-419-3625.

Dawn Richardson
http://www.urbanatlantaliving.com
404-419-3625
I would hope that all of them would be, but sadly that is not the case. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information on it or would like assistance in finding a home that qualifies.