Financing in Big Spring>Question Details

Jamie Mills, Other/Just Looking in Big Spring, TX

How long do you have to have a job to get approved for a first time home buyers loan?

Asked by Jamie Mills, Big Spring, TX Mon Mar 12, 2012

My husband and I just moved to the area in July 2011 for his job and we were wondering if we could look to buy a house or do a rent to own

Your husband's job doesn't have to be with the same company according to my lender just in the same line of work. You should go talk to a lender to see what you need to do, they are very good at helping you in that way. If you need some links to lenders let me know I would be happy to help you.
If your husband is with the same company then you can buy immediately. If he is starting a new job most lenders will require one full month of pay stubs with the new employer.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157

If your husband has been in the same line of work for 2 years then you should have no problem. Employment doesn't have to be with the same employer for a two year period. If your husband recently finished college and then started working then you should also have no problem.

Easton Crafts,
Directions Equity Home Loan
Short answer. Yes!!

Long answer. Depends on other factors. Like the type of loan and what you did before you moved here.
Please feel free to call me to discuss your particular details. If all looks good then we can take an application and start the pre-approval process.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration =>
it depens on the job and if the job has a probationary period, in my shop you can close one day after the probation period is up. read the info I linked below about rent to own, I hope it keeps you from getting hurt.

Generally, lenders are looking for two years employment history. Contrary to popular belief, the history does not have to be in the same company. However, the same (or comparable) industry is important. For example, being a medical assistant for different doctors would not matter; however, being a medical assistant and switching to being a chef would matter. Also, any education or vocational training is generally counted towards the two years requirement. In other words, completing a degree for engineering and then getting a job in engineering would fullfill the employment requirement. Talk with a mortgage professional to determine if your situation meet the necessary requirements. Best of luck to you.