Financing in Long Beach>Question Details

Laurie Manny,  in Long Beach, CA

How do Realtors get leads from lenders?

Asked by Laurie Manny, Long Beach, CA Sun May 13, 2007

I have found that a sure fire way to get referrals comes from being SPECIFIC about what you want. I ask Realtors what a good prospect would be for them. Marketing consultants call this your Unique Selling Proposition. I call this directed referral requests. In short, tell me to whom you want to be referred. I hate to say it like this but we really do put people in little boxes in our minds.
I believe this answer can be surmized in one word: "reciprocity". Agents get referrals from lenders, by providing exactly that, referrals. I usually interview & invite lenders from reputable institutions to sit in on my open houses, and collaborate efforts with them in getting the transaction done. Once you've established a report with a specific lender, and you're comfortable both with how they work, and how they treat your clients, the mutuality of the relationship takes it's natural course.