Financing in 38053>Question Details

Joshua D Smi…, Home Buyer in Millington, TN

How do I purchase a home or homes?

Asked by Joshua D Smith, Millington, TN Mon Sep 19, 2011

I have already been approved for a loan.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 38053

Answers

4
Joshua, since you've ALREADY been pre-approved, and if you like your loan officer/feel confident in their ability to get the job done, then you are now ready to seek out a real estate agent like has been mentioned, a buyer's agent. I'd interview as many as you'd like - but at least 3 of them. Don't automatically go with the first agent you speak with, even if they are eventually the one you go with... get a good feel of the different types of agents & their styles.

If I was a buyer, the info I'd want to know would be:

1. How many homes are we able to see in person? Is there a limit?
2. What neighborhoods/areas do you have above-average, specific knowledge of?
3. Will you be able to set me up to get listings emailed to me as soon as they become available, change price, etc.?
4. If I have questions about a specific listed home and you do not know, would you be willing to make reasonable efforts to find out?
5. When it comes time, what is the process for us to determine what a fair offer is on a home?
6. I am looking for [specific unique property type] (i.e. a home on a farm with a certain amount of acreage, a mixed-use property, etc.), do you have past experience helping buyers with [specific unique property type]?

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Make notes on your cell phone, etc. whenever you think of random questions to ask and you should come up with a pretty healthy list.

Good luck with everything.
Hello Joshua,

Scott Godzyk mentioned some good points about a having a buyers agent on your side. I would suggest you contact a mortgage professional to get an idea of what you qualify for. This should be the first step in the process.

A good buyers agent should be able help you with the whole process of buying a home. First step, get pre-approved!

Terrence

P.S. I am located in Tennessee
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 19, 2011
Call me so that we can start the process of finding the right Home that fits your needs. 901-497-9618

Chuck Hurt Jr.
Real Estate Mart of TN Inc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 19, 2011
Joshua teh first step is indeed getting prequailified, once you have a prequailifcation letter than finding a buyer broker who can assist you trhough each step of teh buying process is next. you may want to hire a buyer broker, you can usually do so at no cost to you, they get paid their commission from the fee advertsised in MLS by the listing agent and paid at closing. This way they can get the information for you and you will have someone assisting you through each step of the buying process.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 19, 2011