Financing in 68104>Question Details

litlebit001, Home Buyer in Omaha, NE

How do I get rid of a line on my home without spening money the lien is not mine been in my home for 13 plus years?

Asked by litlebit001, Omaha, NE Mon Sep 24, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 68104

Answers

3
Start with the court house. Find out when the lien was placed on your home and who is the lien holder.
Contact that holder to try and remove the lien. If the lien was placed on the home before you owned it,
get the title company you worked with when you purchased the home involved.
If the lien did not show up when you bought the house, or when you refinanced, you should be able to go back to the title company that issued the title binder when you bought it. Sounds like you're being told that the lien was there when you bought it. You paid title insurance to cover this situation.

Your paperwork should have the name of the company who closed the sale of the property. I'd start with them.

Kathy MIller
If you've know about the Lien for 13 years, why haven't you done something about it?
Did it occur to you to contact the person/company that placed the lien?

Good luck and may God bless
Thank you everyone for your advise I will start with the court house, though I believe the company that put the lien does not even exist anymore
Flag Tue Sep 25, 2012
I did not know anyting about it 13 years ago Ron. I finacned my home 13 years ago it was not there, I refinance my house in 2007 it was not there. So now I am trying to get a loan for remodeling and al of a sudden it appears. That's what I am confused about why didn't th first and second mortgage people find it?
Flag Tue Sep 25, 2012