Financing in Ankeny>Question Details

Bdn, Other/Just Looking in Ankeny, IA

How do I find the value of my condo in ANkeny, Iowa?

Asked by Bdn, Ankeny, IA Wed Jul 22, 2009

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Ankeny

Answers

3
Hi BDN,
I agree with Beth: you can ask a Realtor to do a market analysis on your property (this is free) or have an appraiser (this will cost you) to give you a value of your home report. I would go to a reputable Realtor way because what do you have to lose? You can research the internet yourself for information but it can not give you the true value of your home in today's market and it will take you a lot of time and frustration. Does this make sense?

Save time and money "GO REALTOR!".

Ruth
The answer largely depends on your purpose for wanting to obtain the likely value of your property... Generally, you have two good options...
One is to hire an appraiser. If you find a good, well qualified valuation expert, they will be able to give you a reasonably good idea of the value of your home.
Your second option is to have a Realtor do a "CMA" or Competitive Market Analysis. While any Realtor can provide you with this report, the better the agent, the better the quality of the content. Frequently the same condo can be valued at several different price points based on recent listings or sales.
My recommendation, if you are considering selling your home, is to find a Realtor with a lot of success and put your faith in them. If you are considering selling the property yourself or are re-financing your condo, then you are better off spending the money to hire an appraiser.
Feel free to contact me if you are interested in obtaining the names of several appraisers in the Ankeny area.
All the best!
Have you tried using Trulia and Zillow.com? http://www.Zillow.com is really a great site.
Web Reference: http://www.zillow.com