Financing in Fairfax>Question Details

Halley S., Home Buyer in New York, NY

How do I find the best deal on a mortgage?

Asked by Halley S., New York, NY Mon Apr 23, 2007

Answers

6
Shop around. Speak to others and seek a referral. Ask your REALTOR. Most important is to get lenders competing with one another for your business...that's how you save money and get the best rate...always!
Is there really such thing as the best deal? What one has to do is educate themselves as much as possible and know what loan program works best for them. Once having the right information, the best thing is to shop around and look closely at the Good Faith Estimate and the Truth in Lending to see exactly what fees you are being charged and how much the loan is costing you. Also, talk to your Realtor since he will have a good relationship with lenders. You can also contact Jaime Castillo (619) 618-6400 http://www.sdHomeLiving.com for a referral.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 11, 2007
Interest rates do not vary much lender to lender. Rather, what are the fees associated with a broker? Who pays the appraisal? Does the mortgage broker have a long track record of successful closes? This is still a very tricky market to get a loan. More importantly, who will watch my back? Who can keep the transaction going when the lender starts to ask for more and more conditions. Interview a few brokers. Ask a lot of questions.
call 4 lenders

if a lender tell you that running your credit will hurt you, they are lying!

compare apples to apples
A lot of good answers here. Sit down with a trusted Mortgage Broker.

I am a mortgage broker. If I can be of service, please let me know!

Martin Smith

Precision Funding
877-238-6324 Ext 704
513-536-7184
877-238-6324 FAX
MSmith@PrecisionFundingUSA.com
http://www.PrecisionFundingUSA.com
All true! You can shop around and compare GFE and TIL but make sure the GFE stays the same before closing - because you have some change the GFE the day of closing and it will cause a big mess - due to some brokers/loan officers do not include the title fees, insurance fees, and lender fees until the last minute. Then it is a big mess at the closing table. As a mortgage broker/branch manager I make sure that everything is enclosed and if any changes come along I notify the client immediately and walk them through the GFE and TIL. I do not believe in blind folding - honesty and integrity takes you a long way. If you need any answers please do not hesitate to contact me at tonytmcloans@yahoo.com