Financing in Rohnert Park>Question Details

Stephan, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

How do I find the best deal on a mortgage?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

Answers

5
Since we all know it's necessary "to kiss a lot of toads befor you find the prince." We suggest begin interviewing loan agents and collecting information. The jargon is very confusing. Be sure you ask questions and understand everything they say. Avoid nodding your head "yes" when you haven't the foggiest.

One thing we have learned is once you have what appears to be the best rate be sure to take it to another representative. They will tell you if it's good or bad and if they can match or beat it.

An important rule....don't expect the first person you speak with to give you the best rate going.......

I have to say that the best way is to find a good Realtor that has experience working with diferrent lenders. A Realtor who is good knows where the best deals are. I hope this helped you.
You should always shop around for everything and especially a mortgage (since you will most likely be stuck with it for a while). I would recommend asking your friends or family who they have worked with before, and have had a good experience with. Or, even better, you should ask a Realtor you're working with to recommend a few lenders, since Realtors work with many different lenders or many occasions.
Go with a lender who has been successful and reccomended by people who have used them and been happy with their services. Have at least two you can use and see which one will work more dilligently to help meet your needs and be honest with you.
Web Reference: http://WineCountryMoves.com
Talk with two or three loan agents and choose one based on price and instinct (how comfortable you feel with loan officer).