Financing in 60950>Question Details

Christine Ma…, Renter in Momence, IL

How can you find land contracts or owner financing? I live in Manteno, IL and would like to find a house in town or in one of the neighboring towns.

Asked by Christine Mathisen, Momence, IL Tue Sep 6, 2011

I am working on my credit and my score is still only 570 which is terrible I realize. I am hopefully in 6 months it will be high enough to qualify for a loan. I am in a credit rebuilding program now. I am sick of throwing my money away and really need to get into a house. I have heard land contracts or owner financing would be my best shot. If someone could actually tell me what to pay off to raise my score that may help too.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 60950

Answers

1
Christine

This is not terrible. It just needs a little boost. You are working on it and that is the important thing. First, any credit correction company you are paying should be helping you do 3 things... tell you what you need to pay off, help you fix inaccuracies and help you establish new trade lines that will improve your credit. If you don't have someone like that - get a reliable one. National Credit Care is one I have used. There are a lot of scams - be careful.

As far as owner financing. This is possible, but not everyone knows or understands it. An attorney needs to come up with the contract and everyone has their own opinion on it. Get an agent out there who knows what they are doing and ask them about it. This is an old idea that has been reborn recently. I do this with investor properties myself. Check out my blog for information. I may also have an idea for you with a seller in that area who I know. Give me a call.

Suzanne Hamilton
RE Marketing Consultants
888-788-9544
suzanne@remarketingconsultants.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 6, 2011