Financing in Lassen County>Question Details

Pat, Other/Just Looking in Lassen County, CA

How can I get a short refi when I'm getting a divorce from my wife, whose name is on the deed?

Asked by Pat, Lassen County, CA Thu Sep 30, 2010

I bought a house that is now $100,000 over what it is assessed at. I want to try to keep the house and get my wife's name off of it and get a short refi to the value. How can I do that? Is there a deadline?

FHA just came out with a new product for non-FHA loans that may help you. Please contact me if you would like to discuss this in more detail.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
If your current lender is willing to participate, yes you can. However very few lenders are actually doing short refis. It's a very tough situation you're in and you might have to short sell the house. However your attorney would probably know the best ways of doing what you need.

Elena Ollick
Amerivest Realty
Faith Home Loans
Latest Post: Naples Luxury Home on Fire
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
The best person to answer your question is your attorney--consider a consultation and see exactly what options you may have.
Hi Pat,

A real estate attorney would be your best choice to get the best answers.