Ira, Home Buyer in 11218

How can I find an excellent mortgage broker? (Like now:)

Asked by Ira, 11218 Wed Mar 3, 2010

Answers

12
Check with your Realtor. He/she will have some recommendations. Reason why the broker is likely to be good: Your Realtor knows that his/her commission depends on your actually being able to purchase the property. So it's your Realtor's best interest (financial, as well as doing the best job to represent you) to refer you to a good broker who will know the best ways to get you the loan.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Dear Ira,

Based upon our experience, the following are institutions we would recommend:

For co-ops, many of our buyers used HSBC with success. For homes or condos I would consider Wells Fargo. Again, this is based upon experience in our office.

For your own best interests, I would meet with at least two or three lenders and compare their rates and services.

Good luck, and feel free to call us at 917-593-4068 if you have have further questions.

Bonnie Chernin & David Rogoff
Coldwell Banker Mid Plaza Real Estate
E-mail: david@BestHomesInBrooklyn.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 3, 2010
Ira,

As far as mortgage brokers go, one of the best is First Merchants,Inc. in Park Slope.
Recently I have been recommending all my buyers Atul Rastogi who is with GMAC Mortgage going to be Green Tree Servicing from Feb.1st. 2013. He is polite, first educates you about mortgage and different programs available to you and than offers you the rates. If you are buying he offers no closing cost from lenders means my clients did not pay a dime for Bank Origination Fee, Bank application fee, commitment fee, No charge for Appraisal, No charge for Mortgage and Deed Recording, No Lenders Title Search, Title Insurance fee and no banks attorney fee. Most of my clients saved $5000 to 15,000 in these fees. Offcourse our average sale is $500,000 or more.
Try him, call and compare his rates and fees. He personally, works with you, his processors and underwriters. We have financed more than 22 condo and single family homes through him in 2012 alone. Not a single bad loan. A happy customer is your best publicity. His work and our great service has brought many repeat and referral customers. Atul can help you in CT, FL, NJ, NY and PA directly also nationwide indirectly.
For your information try atul.rastogi@gmacm.com, or alrasbank@gmail.com

Yoel Wiesz
Mega Real Estate
Brooklyn, NY 11219
yoelyatmega@gmail.com
Dear Ira:

I would suggest that any mortgage broker who answers this question and is located in BROOKLYN would be a good place for you to start!

If I can be of further assistance to you please let me know.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665
Cellular: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
A great place to start is your agent. They have worked with many mortgage brokers and will know who is reputable and who was able to do what they said they could...deliver the product they promised th their client etc. Referrals are always a good bet! Good luck. Rose Nied Alain Pinel Realtors 510 530 7011
Web Reference: http://www.apr.com/rnied
Referrals, recommendations and reviews. If somebody can't recommend somebody on a personal level, look for somebody who clearly has a good reputation in your community and start there.
Ira,

The best way to find a good mortgage broker is thru a referral because usually if someone is recommending someone it is because they had a good experience with them. A good referral can come from a friend, family, your real estate attorney or your realtor. It is also important to deal with someone local because every area has different property types, closing costs, local taxes, etc. I would also recommend using a banker opposed to a broker because in the current lending environment I would think it is better to be direct with lender who has a good reputatuion opposed to a third party in the middle. You can also check some local real estate sites or blogs for referrals. If you are in Brooklyn http://www.brownstoner.com would be a good example. I am a mortgage consultant in your area and would be happy to help you or answer any other questions you have, 718-780-9103
I will be happy to recommend SEVERAL really good mortgage brokers and mortgage broker/bankers.

Call Brian Tom who is the Sales manager of Meadowbrook Financial Mortgage Bankers 516-867-3020 x 207 or email him at btom@mfmbankers.com.

Another good contact is Melissa Schneider of Continental Home Loans, 631-549-8188 x 4755 or mschneider@cccmtg.com.

Contact me at Gail@GailGladstone.com or 631-425-6150 and I will be happy to share more.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
Listen to Don - Referral is your best bet. Any mortgage broker that has a relationship with a Realtor has a vested interest in doing a fabulous job. If they do not - their referral base goes away.

Wisest maxim in Real Estate regarding Mortgage Brokers - -

"You need to be close enough to your mortgage banker to be able to strangle them if you need to"

Hi Ira,
I'll be happy to assist you.
A good mortgage broker is someone you feel comfortable with and is knowledgeable.
Shai Megiddo
646-541-2183
Shaimegiddo@gmail.com
Call me at 917 951-1087 anytime I can recommend a couple of really good mortgage pro's