Financing in California>Question Details

Robert Corrie, Home Buyer in 94704

Hi I am a PhD student in the UK (Brit). Am looking 2 buy a condo in California 4 300k. I have $250k in cash 4 downpayment. Can anyone help?

Asked by Robert Corrie, 94704 Sat Mar 2, 2013

So I am living in the UK and completing my PhD degree (cant show income). But I have a large savings account and would like to use that money to buy a condo in California. My idea is to then rent it out until I graduate when i will come to the US to take a full time job. Is it possible to get financing for a loan of about $50,000? Thanks, Rob

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes of course. We fund foreign nationals.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 3, 2013
Yes, it is. Find a local agent with international experience, and they'll set you up with a lender.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 2, 2013
Your only option is Private Hard Money Lender. Standard lenders (banks, and the likes); will require you to proof income and its source, even thou you were a foreigner (there are programs, named foreign nationals, but they still require income.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 2, 2013
Hi Marco - thanks for the reply. How do I go about finding a reputable hard money lender? Can any be recommended? Thanks and all best.
Flag Sun Mar 3, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer