Financing in Linden>Question Details

Shannon, Other/Just Looking in Michigan

Help with FHA Information in Michigan & de-tached condo sites!!!!

Asked by Shannon, Michigan Mon Jul 21, 2008

I live in Michigan and was at the end of the process for closing on my refinance with a FHA loan. After working on the loan for several weeks, I received a phone call from my lender stating that the deal had to be killed due to living in a subdivision that is classified as site detached-condo's and it was not at least 90% completed.

Well, about 2 weeks later, I spoke with my neighbor and he advised me that he is in the process of refinancing and is the lender he is doing business with is doing a FHA loan and that there is a form that has to be filled out to have the ability to use this type of loan. I have been on the phone for hours and on the internet trying to figure out what form he is referring to.

Does anyone have any idea what this form could be that can allow me to refinance into a FHA loan in my subdivision???

Thank you

Answers

2
Luke Allison’s answer
I believe he is referring to the condo questionaire form that is filled out for FHA condos. Usually there is a 3rd party that you pay about $75 to to order the form and have it filled out. It is a requirement of all FHA condo loans. Your lender should order this form.
Luke Allison
Flagstar Bank
828-777-8828
Luke.Allison@flagstar.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 21, 2008
good afternoon..my name is bob.....i have done residential mortgage financing in michigan for almost 14 years..and many fha closings....i have the questionaire that fha requires...if you would like to talk.....please call me anytime at your convenience... (248) 806-0366 bob mcclure- Mortgage Now- Farmington, Michigan.....p.s. your current lender should have known long in advance that you were buying a site condo..