Financing in Glenview>Question Details

Mario, Home Buyer in San Francisco County,...

Hello, I want to help my parents refinance their house. They live in Illinois, I live in California.

Asked by Mario, San Francisco County, CA Thu Jan 3, 2013

What is the best way to help my parents get this done while I'm out of state?

Answers

7
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 11, 2013
Hi Mario:

Please let me know if you are still interested in information for your parents on Reverse Mortgages. I would be happy to help.

Patty Harrison
Smart Mortgage Centers
630-478-2684
patty@smarmtgs.net / http://www.smartmortgageinc.com
Hi Mario:

I can help you. I'm a local lender and Illinois. We have many differenct programs that may work for them depending on the situation. One program is a Reverse mortgage if they have equity and are planning on staying in the home. This may be a good option so that they do not have to pay the mortgage any longer. Give me a call or send me an email to discuss different options.

Patty Harrison
Smart Mortgage Centers
630-478-2684
There is a loan program that is designed for adult children to purchase or refinance a home for their elderly parents who are unable to qualify on their own. Please contact me directly and I would be glad to go over the details with you. I am licensed in IL, WI and MN. Toll Free 877-240-5810 or email me at david.leonard@madisonmortgageguys.com
I can highly recommend Betsy Hanrahan from PHH Mortgage. They are rated number one in the state of Illinois and Betsy is a wealth of knowledge. Her cell is 847-644-2422.
Thanks for your question Mario.
Mario, you can work with a lender that only does business in Illinois, or like Michael Cheng recommended, do business with a lender/loan officer who does business in both states. The main difference would be the time zone they are in - as Illinois is 2 hours ahead of us in California, which if you like to do business after 5PM, that would be 7PM Illinois time, and you may find your loan officer options limiting. I routinely work until between 7-9PM depending on that nights activities, so there is a good chance that loan officers in Illinois would do the same. I also do business in both Illinois & California (as well as all other 48 states) so if you'd like help going over their options I'd be happy to help. If we can't come up with a proper solution then I'd be able to recommend you to a loan officer in Illinois who could potentially offer additional options.

Shane Milne | Lending in all 50 states | NMLS #81195
You should find a national lender with branches in both California and Illinois. This way, you can help them complete the paperwork and get help within California if necessary.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com