Financing in Raleigh>Question Details

Tanya Morning, Other/Just Looking in Knightdale, NC

Hello, I am looking for referrals for financing.We would like to become first time home buyers, looking for someone that has knowledge of different

Asked by Tanya Morning, Knightdale, NC Fri Jan 24, 2014

programs in the Raleigh area.Also need a great realtor referral.

Answers

21
Tanya, obviously you have a lot of options here. Our suggestion - talk to several and go with who you feel comfortable with. If you have possible credit issues or lower scores we can help with that. If you need something outside the box or creative thinking, call and let's talk about it.
Good luck as you move forward with one of your most important decisions and exciting times!!
Alan 919-906-1373
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
WOW! Look at all the responses you have received!

Searching for a mortgage loan can be daunting. Pick up the phone (or email around) to talk with a few until you find someone you feel comfortable with working who will be available to educate you about your loan options based upon your situation and answer all your questions so that you can make the best decision for your family.

Check out my website where you can apply securely online or research your loan options and gather real-time rate quotes.

If you'd like to talk, give me a call, I'd be happy to help you today!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
I have just the person for you.

Give me a call and I will talk you through the process with my lender.

Jim Howard
919.448.6111
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Hi Tanya,
You should call Brandon Moore of Waterstone Mortgage. Here is his contact information: e-mail bmoore@waterstonemortgage.com, phone: 252-314-5863. He is local and his office is in Raleigh. He is very knowledgeable and helpful with first time home buyers. If you need a realtor just e-mail me your specifications at pminore@fmrealty.com, I would love to help you out!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Hey Tanya,
I would like to help you out , I am local and work with first time home buyers all the time. I can help you navigate the mortgage process as it can be very daunting. Please contact me at 919-714-7438 which is my office number or email me at bmoore@waterstonemortgage.com. My job is to help you find the best product for your needs. Look forward to hearing from you.
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
Hi Tanya, Thank you so much for your inquirier on Truilia. I will gladly refer you to my first time home buyer lender, and I welcome the opportunity to work with you. First time homebuyers are my specialty. Please contact me at 919-649-9788
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Hi, my name is Bob Mitchell and I am a senior loan officer with Bank of England's Raleigh Mortgage office.

I have 27 years experience in the business and love helping put people in homes!

We offer zero and low down payment loans, such as USDA and the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency downpayment assistance program.

If you like, check out my web site http://www.ncmortgagelehder.net which has a ton of useful information, as well as various calculators and such. It also goes into my philosophies and strategies on lending and real estate.

Also feel free to call me on my cell at 919-289-9611

Bob
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
My recommendation is Towne Bank Mortgage. My contact is Jeff Bradley and I would be glad to put you in touch with him. Jeff works in the Garner office as well as the Raleigh office off Falls of Neuse Road. He could meet you at whichever location is best for you. Please contact me at 919-201-4117 or vicki.kennedy@hpwnc.com and we can talk more. Thank you, Vicki Kennedy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Hi, Tanya,

You are smart to look for the lender first. Know what you can do before you get involved in the real estate market.

Here are some great lenders who get the job done and are extremely good with first time buyers:

Melissa Schwartz
Wells Fargo
https://www.wfhm.com/loans/melissa-schwartz/index.page

Kevin Martini
DNJ Gateway
http://raleighmortgageratesinfo.com/

If you are a credit union member, they can also give you good service.

SECU and Coastal Federal both write a TON of home loans for members.

And, if you still need an aggressive, service-oriented real estate agent, give me a call!

919-880-2769

.
http://RealtyArts.com

mailto:Mike@MikeJaquish.com
<
<
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Tanya, I recommend Towne Bank Mortgage. Their office is right on Falls of Neuse Rd in Raleigh. Please give me a call and I will put you in touch with Kelly Fix (who will help you with closing costs, via The Jim Allen Group).

Joel Reames
32 years personally helping buyers and sellers in The Triangle Area with their Rea Estate needs.

919.576.0025
Web Reference: http://Www.joelreames.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Hello Tanya.... Congratulations on making perhaps one of the biggest decisions of your life. I have been serving the Triangle area for 20 years this year. I have a lender I met the first day I was officially licensed and have been working with her ever since. She and I used to do a lot of first time buyer seminars together and I trusted her when my three kids purchased their first homes!! I take great pride in working with first time homebuyers and can promise you that not only would I help you find and purchase your first home, but educate you through the entire process. If I can be of any assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. In the meantime, please visit my website at http://www.RaleighHomeSite.com and take a moment to check out some referrals under the testimonial link that are from first time buyers I worked with this past year!!
The lender I would ask you to call is Natalya Hill with Hamilton Group Financials. Her phone number is 919-614-0388 or email is natalya.hill@hgfloans.com

Warm regards
Ernie
Northside Realty
919-795-5447
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Hello Tanya! I specialize in first time buyers and would love to help. I also have 3 different lenders that have great first time buyer programs. I can't post my contact info here so if you want to contact me, please look at my profile.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Hey Tonya-
I would love to help you! I am a full time agent and help many first time home buyers; you could say they are a niche for me. :) It is so important to take the time to research the agent you will work with as they will be helping you to make one of the biggest financial decisions you will ever make. Please feel free to call me and we could talk about what your steps will be. Also, if you get a moment please look at my Trulia profile to learn a little about me and also see my recommendations from past clients. Buying a home is very exciting, but a little scary too. I promise to make it the best possible scenario for you! :) oh, you also mentioned lenders; I know several who have special programs that might work for you! Best of luck with your next step and I hope to hear from you! Have a great day!
Web Reference: http://Www.teamabshure.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Hi Tanya! Congrats on deciding to buy your first home! I work with a lot of first time buyers and I know how big of a decision this is. As a Realtor, I am here to hold your hand and walk you through the process. I am born and raised in the area and Knightdale has grown like crazy! I'm helping a lot of buyers move there due to the convenience to shopping and highways yet still it still has the small town feel. I would love to show you homes there! I have some great lenders that I work with that specialize in first time buyers to make sure they walk you through your options and find the best program. Please call me when you can and we can talk about how to get you started and make your dream come true!! 919-649-4118
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Hey Tanya! I would love to help! I have 3 amazing lenders I can connect you with and I can help you with your first purchase. Super exciting! I work with first time homeowners all the time. I closed 55 homes last year and more than half were first time buyers. Shoot me an email... Angie@acolerealty.com or give me a call 919-538-6477

Angie Cole
A Cole Realty
Keller Williams Preferred
Top "30 Under 30" Realtor in the Country by Realtor Magazine in 2013

Featured on HGTV House Hunters

Look forward to connecting!!
Web Reference: http://Www.acolerealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Hi Tanya,

I work with several lenders in the area. My background includes banking and finance and I can help you understand the mortgage and home buying process. Please give me a call today so that we can setup an appointment to assess your needs and get you started on your goals of homeownership.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 25, 2014
Tanya,

I want to start off by congratulating you on taking the first steps towards home ownership. These will be such exciting times. It can also be an overwhelming time if you don't have the proper team helping you navigate the process of finding that perfect home for you. I specialize in First Time Homeowners and love working with them. If you are looking for an agent with patience and who listens well, you have found that person in me. I would be more than happy to speak with you to see if I am a right fit for what you seek. I have a great team of lenders (more than one to choose from), real estate attorneys, and home inspectors that I work closely with and will be more than happy to get you in touch with them. Oh and yes my lenders are well versed in the lending laws and various programs out there and they do well in creative situations...should your situation require creativity. Give me a call or email and let's talk.

Warm Regards,
/Mark Pelshak
(919) 627.8087
Mark@PremiereTriangleHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 24, 2014
Hi Tanya,
When you work with a great realtor, he/she should have a lender for you to talk to. I pride myself with having a team of mortgage partners that after talking with you, I will be able to refer you to one who has the best programs just for you! If you or your husband does public service work, I am certified to assist you in getting a $2000 grant to be used towards the purchase of your home! Call or email me today! I am very resourceful when it comes to which lender you should use because I care that you have the best experience with your first home purchase. I can be reached at 919-740-8361.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 24, 2014
Tanya,

I would be happy to help with both. Email me at tony.garcia@flagstar.com to discuss.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 24, 2014
Tanya.. for a lender, try Natalya Hill with Hamilton Group Funding 919-881-4121 x101. She and I have known each other for over 20 years now and have collaberated to assist many first time home buyers. I can be contacted using the link under my picture or thru my website shown below.

Good Luck!!

Ernie
Tanya, many loan officers in North Carolina don't offer all of the Mortgage tax credits and NCHFA Grant programs that we do. The MCC (Mortgage Tax Program) can reduce the housing payment for those who qualify by $162 a month - this means, for some, that they are more comfortable buying a slightly larger home. The NCHFA Grant Program offers 3% of the loan amount in forgiveable grants to cover down payment assistance and Closing Costs.

We also specialize in USDA Loans, and can help you identify which properties in the area qualify for this no down payment required mortgage loan.
Call Jo-Ann Brown at fifth third bank at 919-815-1171. She has over 20 years experience as a mortgage banker.