Financing in 95111>Question Details

Brenda408, Home Buyer in 95111

Has anyone used FIRST MORTGAGE CORP? Any way to shop around with banks without each one pulling our credit scores?

Asked by Brenda408, 95111 Mon Sep 19, 2011

I tried contacting three different banks to start the process on buying our first home. I got these branches off the calhfa site. I called wells fargo, only got voicemail with two LO left message with both on thursday. Today I called Metlife no answer (wrong number?) & finally I called FIRST MORTGAGE CORP Wow someone answered. The lady who answered was very helpful & nice. I have an appt. this friday. I had lot? of questions some she answered some she was unsure (shes not the LO) but withing an hour she contacted me back and answered my questions. About 20 minutes later wells fargo called me back. this lady was not so nice and not helpfull at all.
My gut feeling is to just go with first mortgage corp but would like some feedback as well.

I was hoping to shop around but dont want each bank to pull our credit scores. The lady from wells fargo said its a must for them to help us at all. I have opted to not use a broker.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 95111

Answers

3
That's the way a borrower should shop around. Ask questions you know the answers and ask questions that you don't know the answers. The person you feel is the most knowledgeable and you feel comfortable with (gut) is the right choice. You'll also find that you received a great rate, not just a false promise.

Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference: http://www.umboc.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 19, 2011
If you have Opted to not use a Broker, and you've called the Banks, then you've painted yourself into a corner.
Sort of.
e-mail Shane Milne at : shane@thebesthomeloans.com
He represents a Bank.

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 19, 2011
FMC is a company that does several programs and will allow low credit scores. As far as customer service, you should probably do an internet search and see for yourself, I will leave it at that. As far as Wells Fargo, I have heard there are some really good branches and some horrible ones. Regarding shopping around and having your credit re-pulled, I as well as other lenders, can make a initial credit decision based off another lender's credit report, subject to pulling our own later. Please be advised there are several other programs out there than can get you into your home for little or no money down depending on the area (see link below). The key is getting working with the right Loan Officer who can make all the difference in the world as far as your overall experience.

Best of Luck!