Financing in Dearborn>Question Details

Sereana, Real Estate Pro in Dearborn, MI

Has anyone ever heard of a Gateway Grant Program in Michigan?

Asked by Sereana, Dearborn, MI Tue May 29, 2007

I have a client who says he has $49,500 through a Gateway Grant program to help with a downpayment on a house. I have never heard of anything like this before, and I couldn't find anything about it on Google or on the State Website. Help Please!

Answers

5
I have never heard of it Sereana. Could not find anything about it on Google either.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2007
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
Hi Sereana unfortunately I think we have both been scammed for money for our so called only time fee. I have had my letter of intent for over a year and so far nobody else has heard of this program.Being a single parent this program would have really helped me but I am afraid I have just lost some more money I really did not have .Here is the address to the so-called Gateway Grants program

Gateway Corporate Headquarters
4 Venture. Suite 200. Irvine,CA 92618
(949)435-4238

If by chance you find more information could you please contact me at loganvenus@hotmail.com because I also have a $49,500 letter of intent also Thank you
Sereana,
I work with Countrywide and we have a pretty up to date database of grant and assitnce programs and I could not find this one. You may want to check with MSHDA and see if they have any info or just ask your client who they spoke with regarding this program.

I've done some work with grant programs and more often than not they are a lot of trouble and wind up not closing. Besides on a $49,500 house your client would probably only have to come up with about $1500 in down payment anyway or less if they use a MSHDA loan.

If they don't have the capablility to save up $1500 then quite honestly they probably shouldnt be buying a house.
I was just search for that grant info, i saw it once online . You have to pay a one time fee. I also want to know is it for real.
I have not heard of this either. Might be best to check with your favorite Mortgage broker. They are the first to hear about these programs, and scams, if it is that.