Financing in 34677>Question Details

Doug Bevis, Real Estate Pro in Clearwater Beach, FL

Has any realtor done business in Tampa Bay with Carrington Group and Carrington Mortgage? I just spoke to the rep from Carrington not good feeling.

Asked by Doug Bevis, Clearwater Beach, FL Tue Aug 2, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 34677

Answers

2
Shane Milne’s answer
I have a feeling Carrington may have more than one mortgage rep there, but you are right, it is much more about the people you are dealing with than the company that they work for. A lousy loan officer at a reputable mortgage company can really make a deal go sour, as well as a great loan officer at a company that people have never heard of can exceed your expectations.

If this was an offer you received and you were interviewing the loan officer, and you really want to consider the offer, I'd take the additional step of speaking with the processor who will be pushing things along behind the scenes. I know if I was out of town, my processor wouldn't miss a beat, perhaps the Carrington mortgage fellow you spoke with has the same type of processor and is just less than impressive them self.
Doug,

I am sorry to hear that you spoke with one of the loan officers with Carrington Mortgage and did not get a good feeling from your conversation.

Like Shane said, there is more than one representative of Carrington Mortgage, in fact there are many branches of Carrington Mortgage in the Central Florida are and they are NOT all equal.

I represent Carrington Mortgage as Sales Manager in the Tampa Bay area and I would be happy to sit down with you share my references with you so you may touch base with them and they will attest to my ability to come through when needed.

At the end of the day, it's not 100% the company that you as a realtor work with, it's the relationship you have and the trust you have in the individual you work with at that company. If you form a relationship with a good loan officer, you can be confident that they will find a way to get your buyers loans done regardless of the company they are with...or they will ultimately find another company to work for that will get it done.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013