Financing in Kennebunk>Question Details

Chris, Home Buyer in 01835

From whom or how do you get a mortgage buying a moblie/ manufactured home on private land in Maine?

Asked by Chris, 01835 Mon Mar 15, 2010

Answers

4
Margaret Mitchell’s answer
Hi Chris,
Financing is different, and easier, if the mobile is on its own land than if it is on leased land in a park. The age of the trailer does make a difference and it can be difficult to get a loan for mobiles older than 20 years. However, if older than 20 years, you might take a land loan.
Two good local banks that finance mobile homes in the Kennebunk area are Bangor Savings Bank and Sanford Institution for Savings. Feel free to email me if you have more questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 16, 2010
Hi Chris,

I have the names and numbers of folks at Mainely Mobile and Saco Valley Credit Union and now I believe Kennebunk Savings Banks is also doing some of this financing. I'd be happy to put you in touch where you can get pre-approved and have your questions answered. The specifics of the property and mobile will also make a difference.

Feel free to contact me at: CJ Dubois-Cote, Prudential Prime Properties, 207-615-1663 or cindy@prubay.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 16, 2010
3 places 1> Mainy Moblie, in ME 2> 21st Mtg Corp in TN 3> local CU or bank. I owned a mtg co for 12 years and that is all that is now available that I know about. Must have good credit and show income.
John Syrene
Bean Group
207-676-3288
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 16, 2010
Is it for a new or used trailer? I would ask at a local trailer dealer near you who they use for financing. Trust me, they know. You could also ask at your local banks and credit unions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 15, 2010