Financing in Chicago>Question Details

Emmawilsonjo…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Foreign National Loans - Where to look for one? (40% deposit, good UK credit history)

Asked by Emmawilsonjournalist, Chicago, IL Sun Aug 24, 2014

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a lender or broker for foreign national mortgages, preferably in the Chicago area?

Info:

Looking to by an apartment in the $200-220k range.

- Can do 30-50% deposit (what is the minimum?)
- Good credit history in the UK
- Income is $150k

Any comments much appreciated.

Answers

3
I have a few I can recommend. Its tough to get one if you have no ties here, but I have one or two.
I'm a real estate broker in Chicago. My lender in the city of Chicago just had a transaction with a similar scenario. I'll be happy to pass on her name and contact information. Please contact me! http://www.DeborahBenn.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2014

Let me know if you are still looking for a lender. We have many different options available and can get an underwriting approval before you start shopping. Plus I can get you in touch with a realtor if you dont have one yet. I am from Chicago and know a lot of great realtors. Please click my name and call me to discuss.
Jordan