Financing in Plainfield>Question Details

Izach26, Home Buyer in Plainfield, NJ

First time homebuyer, looking for a 45,000 mortgage, Plainfield NJ,600 credit score, $4500 Down Do any lenders offer mortgages below 50K

Asked by Izach26, Plainfield, NJ Wed Jun 15, 2011

Answers

4
Izach26’s answer
LOL@ Annette If my parents had investments of the sort I wouldnt be looking for such a cheap mortgage, but thatnks for the advise.

Just got a call from my Agent the Condo development is not FHA Approved so I would have to go with a conventional Loan.

Which is Hard to belive, ill call the Management office and Check

I also just checked my 401K has some extra cash I can withdraw without penalty, since its for the purchase of a home

Do any of you no Brokers In my area who would be able to assit me?
I agree, The bank you do business with or credit union, you may want to take a few months and raise that FICO score just a bit more and there are things you can do to get it up another 30 or 40 points in just a few months. You can also look into regular Mortgage Brokers that will try to find a lender that will fit your needs, Better credit ratings get better mortgage deals! If you go with FHA you only need to put 3.5% down. Again talk with a financing profession in your area!
Good advice from Anna. I do not know any bank that will go so low since it costs the same amount of money to originate a $250,000 loan as one for $45,500.
The credit union you belong to is your best bet otherwise you may want to ask your parents if they are willing to securitize their investments into a mortgage for you. They still receive the income of their investments but cannot sell them.
Begin by checking with the bank you currently do business with, any other smaller community banks, credit unions....