Financing in Shelby>Question Details

Norisa, Home Buyer in Hendersonville, NC

Finding a Lender to finance us. Credit score is 631. Can you help??

Asked by Norisa, Hendersonville, NC Wed Nov 16, 2011

My husband and I fell in love with a home that is meant for us! We tried to do the USDA loan but, we made too much money. Now we are trying the FHA but our score is too low. We don't have a real estate agent nor have we found a lender to help. The listing agent for the seller has not been much help....Is there anyone who can help make our dream come true?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Shelby

Answers

6
Wow Spamming Trulia Jessica. Same Answer on 50 different posts

Way to offer great insight to the Trulia community.
Dennis, I don't know where to begin to say THANK YOU!!! You gave us our dream home and made it simple for us!!! We will be referring everyone to Dennis Bailey!! You have done a fantastic job and we will be celebrating Christmas with our family in our dream home!!! None of which would've happened without you!!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 19, 2011
Dear Norisa,
I'm happy that I was able to help you. Too many times, lenders only go for the low-hanging fruit. You should be in your dream-home by Christmas!

db
We will accept a 620 score for our FHA loan program, although it gets easier to qualify & rates are better with a 640. Most of my loans are FHA loans and most of my clients don't have the best credit - 660'ish scores are the average I find. I'd be happy to review your situation to see if you would look good to qualify or if there would be items that'd need to be addressed first. if you have your scores, do you have a copy of your credit report? I usually like to start by reviewing a recent credit report that the clients have obtained on their own to determine that even if you have a qualifying score, would there be items on the credit report that would prevent you from qualifying (such as late payments or new collections in the past 12 months). The web reference is a blog post that lists information needed for any mortgage professional to review, so if you are prepared with that information you should make it easier for you to get helpful answers from loan officers.
Call Marcia 704-970-1519 or 980-875-9408 and see what she can do for you.
I know a local loan officer who is very good at getting people's scores raised by 20 plus points. It's a trick that has gotten 3 clients into loans in the past year that couldn't qualify because of just a few points. I typically just give out the advice on forums like this with no expectation of telephone contact, but since it's the loan officer's secret weapon that the others don't seem to know, I don't feel comfortable telling it publicly... It is legal and ethical, so don't worry about that... If you'd like to call me, I'll be happy to discuss it with you. Since you mention you don't have an agent, I'd love to talk with you about buyer representation. I'm an Accredited Buyer's Agent (ABR), a Graduate, REALTOR Institute (GRI) and a Certified Residential Specialist (CRS). I have over 15 years experience representing buyers. I am a Shelby native that spent 20 years in the military moving often...I've been home for almost 12 years. You can reach me at (704) 473-4756.