Financing in San Francisco>Question Details

RSW, Other/Just Looking in Belmont, CA

Do all Good Faith Estimate forms actually say "Good Faith Estimate" - or is there a standard one everyone uses?

Asked by RSW, Belmont, CA Thu May 20, 2010

Also, maybe I'm answering my own question but this should be the GFE that everyone talks about right:

I've been working with Nation Star mortgage and the lender keeps wanting to give me a nonbinding "Closing Cost Estimate" not the standard one that actually says GFE. I'm so sick of them trying to bullsh&* consumers. Not going with them. I'm filing a complaint.
Give me a call, I can set you up with a standard GFE and show all the exact costs of the loan. 773-739-5111

Guaranteed Rate
Flag Tue Jun 18, 2013
Yes, as since 1st Jan'2010 new form came out & replaced completely.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 22, 2010
Hello Again Richard,

They will soon start using a standard form which all lenders will need to comply with. As much as I would like to say trust your mortgage broker or realtor 100%, this is lifes' one of biggest purchases so read each form carefully once again at the final signing and ask the escrow office for clarification if you don't understand something. Good luck :)

Kamal Randhawa
All Good Faith Estimates actually state "Good Faith Estimate." Also, all lenders must use the HUD GFE form and no other, so you will get the same form no matter which lender you talk to. The HUD GFE form can be found at
You are in luck - officially now all lenders must use the same GFE and once it is issued certain parts of it cannot be changed unless your circumstance changes. And the fees and broker commissions must be the same on your final closing statement, so no more surprises. Yeah!

If you need any help, please feel free to check out our website, LinkedIn Profile, Yelp Reviews, etc…and give me a call.
The form is now a standard form "Good Faith Estimate (GFE)" will appear on the top of the first of 4 pages. Every lender must use the HUD-GFE form to disclose rate and charges, any other format is not a GFE.