Financing in 33709>Question Details

Darrell, Home Buyer in Tulsa, OK

Disabled american looking for a loan.

Asked by Darrell, Tulsa, OK Wed May 20, 2009

I am a disabled veteren,and I want to buy a house using my VA home loan but my credit is at 552.Do I qualify for a home loan.All help will be appreciated.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 33709

Answers

2
I am not a lender or a realtor. My concern is simple. I do not care what your fico score is. I worry about your current debts. You should not have more than 1/3 of your income ( if you make $300 a month spend no more than $100) to be ok financially. If you are in deep debt you would likely be better off to pay down your current debt and then in a few years buy a house. Then you would have more free income and a higher fico score. Both would be a big help in you getting a more affordable house.

When you buy a house you have to be able to handle it when a $3,000 furnace dies along with the $300 water pump. Then suddenly you have to spend $5,000 on a roof and what do you do?

If you have bad debt now ( I would expect that with that low a score) talk to a free credit counseling agency to help you get the debt paid down. Once that is done you will find it much easier to get a loan, get it at better rates, and have the freedom to not feel crushed by bad credit and have open credit lines.

If you buy a house with limited extra resources it gives you to good a chance to lose it later. You only get ONE V.A. loan in your life. As one vet to another I do not want to see you waste it. I would think in 3 years you could have a much better FICO score and likely find lower prices on houses.
Hello Darrell,
There simply is not enough information here to tell you yes or no. I am located in St. Petersburg, FL and I'd be more than happy to assist you with your financing needs. As a disabled veteran, not only are you able to take advantage of 100% financing with no MI, if you are 100% disabled you also pay no taxes saving you thousands of dollars a year and hundreds a month. Give me a call and we can evaluate your loan situation.
Joshua A. Lerette - The Tampa Bay Mortgage Pro
727-488-7355
josh@thetbmortgagepro.com
http://www.thetbmortgagepro.com