Financing in Harrisburg>Question Details

Ashley Jagla, Home Buyer in Harrisburg, IL

Career change from driver to miner, an initial pay cut but I will be back up to the same pay in 1 year. Do I have to wait 2 yrs to get a home loan?

Asked by Ashley Jagla, Harrisburg, IL Mon Aug 20, 2012

My husband held his job for 10 yrs, which paid decent but had no benefits, so he left to become a coal miner. They made him start off as a contract worker with laughable pay, but by 1 year in he should be back up to what he was making before the job change. My question is will we still have to wait 2 years into his new job to buy a home since 2012 earnings will be less than 2011s?

*PS sorry if this is a repost, I had internet problems.*

Answers

3
Not nessecarily. It depends on your good credit standing.. Check with your Lender and see what they can do for you. Every buying is unique. Hope this helps.
Call myra denton, 628-751-9116. She is a mortgage consultant & can help u
Ocie paxton
There are alot more factors that will go into determining how long to wait before applying for a home loan. They look at two years worth of pay stubs usually, so it may take a bit more before he can qualify for a loan where he'd actually like to be based on pay, however I would encourage you to call 2 or three local and maybe a national mortgage company (Like Wells Fargo for example) and explain your situation to them. Only qualified lenders are able to give you full scale advice as I am only licensed to sell real estate, but this tid bit of information has been from my personal and professional experience. If you'd like contact information for suggested lenders I'd be happy to help. Please email me at: lrgaon@unitedcountry.com

Thank you and happy week!

L'Erin C. Ragon