Financing in 68516>Question Details

brig, Home Buyer in Lincoln, NE

Can you recommend where to start with get pre-approved? We will be new to the area and don't know the best place to speak to.

Asked by brig, Lincoln, NE Wed Aug 21, 2013

Add some detail about your question

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 68516

Answers

6
Joseph Reed’s answer
A good place to start would be talk to people you may know in the area about where they bank and if they are happy with them. Then go in and talk to the mortgage department of that bank. You can also look any local lender up on line and read reviews and see how you think may fit your needs. Best of luck in your home search.
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
You should shop around and look at different lenders and see what they can do for you. When applying for a loan, lenders like myself will need to look at several different things though if you are trying to prequalify for a loan.

1) Proof of income for each person that will be on the mortgage which can be demonstrated through: one month of pay stubs, previous year's W-2 forms and tax returns, official documentation to demonstrate other forms of income (alimony, child support, etc.), and two year's tax returns if self-employed (all schedules, all pages)
2) Credit Report which they will pull
3) Employment History
4) Personal assets such as: Recent balances and statements for bank accounts, most recent account statement demonstrating market value of any investments (stocks, bonds or certificates of deposit), documentation showing interest in retirement funds, face amount and cash value of life insurance policies, value of significant pieces of personal property, debt information, the balances and account numbers of your current loans and debts, including car loans, credit card balances and any other loans you may have.

If you have any other questions or need a loan please contact me through the information on my profile page!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
To start with work with someone local to your area. With so much paperwork needed for a mortgage, it may be easier to go see them face to face if needed. You might try to talk to a few mortgage loan originators, one from a bank, one who works at a mortgage brokers office, etc. Each may offer you some valuable information for the financing options to consider. Good luck.
Talk to your real estate agent. They know who does a good job.
If your current bank has a branch here then I would start with them, however I would also recommed getting at least a second opinion. I would be glad to help with that when the time comes, just give me a call.

We are lucky to have many options in Lincoln as far as pre-approval goes. You can walk into any bank (Union, Wells, etc) or take the Credit Union route. There is no right answer because it is who you feel most comfortable with. Most banks/credit unions offer similar programs and rates but some actual bankers have a better range of knowledge as to what program would work best for you and your specific needs. If you want to send me a message or phone call I can give you some recommendations of people I know or it is always a good idea to ask around for specific references. Welcome to Lincoln and please let me know if I can help at all!