Financing in Larkspur>Question Details

Jack, Home Buyer in Mill Valley, CA

Can you recommend a mortgage broker in Marin County that is good? I don't want someone who asks you to provide the same paperwork 5 times or

Asked by Jack, Mill Valley, CA Fri Feb 26, 2010

takes a long time to get a lender approval letter.

Answers

18
Hi Jack,

You should definitely put a call in to Chris Davis or Linda Munoz with Private Mortgage Advisors. PMA is Alain Pinel's in-house lender, they are affiliated with Wells Fargo and have rates the supercede brokers and most bankers. They were offering free appraisals if referred by an APR agent so simply mention my name when calling Chris or Linda.

PMA is dedicated to providing clients distinctive home financing solutions, including a variety of fixed and adjustable-rate mortgage services for primary residences and investment properties.

Chris Davis and Linda Munoz
Private Mortgage Banker 1
101 Nellen Ave
Corte Madera, CA 94925
(415)496-2968 Tel
(415)307-0277 Chris' Cell
(415) 367-3466 Linda's Cell

christopher.p.davis@pmahomeloans.com
http://www.homeloans.com/christopher-davis

linda.k.munoz@pmahomeloans.com
http://www.lindamunoz.com

I am a local Realtor/Relocation Specialist and I live in Mill Valley. If there is anything else that I can help you with please feel free to contact me.

Lydia Puller
Realtor / Relocation Specialist
Alain Pinel Realtors - Mill Valley
100 Shoreline Highway #115 Bldg B
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Lydia@APR.com
http://www.LydiaPuller.com
cell (415) 59905028
Jack,

I agree with Anne.... :-)

In all seriousness, if I can be of further service, please let me know. I would be happy to meet in person if that's the best way to address your concerns. Our office is at 591 Redwood Highway, Suite 1150 in Mill Valley.

I look forward to helping.

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
415-367-5959
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 1, 2010
Our office address as of Feb. 2012 is 1058 Redwood Highway, Mill Valley. We are just north of the Strawberry shopping center, on the east side of the 101. My phone and e-mail contacts are as above. Thank you!
Flag Thu Apr 24, 2014
Hi - there are a lot of great mortgage professionals in the county - We recommend Max Kemsley, Terra Mortgage, 464-3114 -
Rob Spinosa at RPM Mortgage! I found Rob through this website and cannot express how great he has been. We had a really complicated loan. Rob came up with creative solutions to any problem we had along the way, kept me updated on a daily basis, and was kind and professional the whole time. Highly recommend him and his team.
I feel sorry for that broker that lost the deal....well jack here's your choice of brokers to choose from. Hope you pick a good one.
Jack,

I am new to Trulia and just came across your question.

If you have not purchased/refinanced yet, give us a try you will not be disapointed.

All California Mortgage has an excellent reputation. We are located in Larkspur.

Thierry

Thierry Abel
Senior Loan Consultant
By Referral Only
All California Mortgage, Inc
P: (415) 464-8261
C: (415) 378-7508
F: (415) 464-2367
E: tabel@allcalifornia.com
My advice is start with your real estate agent for a referral. He or she should be able to point you to a few great loan officers who have performed well for them and their clients. The relationship between the agent and the lender is important, because you, as the buyer, want a lender who is not only focused on giving you a great loan and great service, but is also focused on keeping the agent happy by taking great care of you. A lender who has built this kind of loyalty with your agent is just what you want. If you don't have an agent yet, then start with a lender and work backwards! My recommendation in Marin County is Rob Spinosa, RPM Mortgage, 415-367-5959, rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com. Very responsive, professional, efficient. Good luck!
As Don Maher pointed out mortgage brokers are not compelled to join local associations to practice so geographic exclusion is unnecessary, you only need a CA licensed broker. http://www.mtgprofessor.com has advice about Selecting a Certified Loan Provider you'll find empowering.
In the end you'll likely want a UMB but there are other brokers who can commit to their ethics which is really what you want, not the badge.
Hi Jack -

I know several true professionals (the only people I work with) and can recommend them to you according to your needs.

However, since you are looking for somebody in Southern Marin, please give Bill Sockolov, RPM Mortgage a call. (415-381-7020).

He once hand delivered a loan document for my client to a specific lender in Walnut Creek (this lender was able to meet the really tight short sale deadline) and my client closed a short sale the day before the property was scheduled to be auctioned off - The short sale lenders already extended the foreclosure dates twice due to previous buyers walked out on their purchase and my client walked in, submitted an offer, closed in two weeks.

My client was thrilled!

See Web Reference below for Bill's contact information and please let him know I recommended him.

Sylvia Barry, MAS, ePRO
Frank Howard Allen Realtors
(415) 717-0293
http://www.MarinHomePreview.com
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA
Jack,

Another guy out of area just put a deal together in 7 days with Wells Fargo....Outstanding adn responsive..

.Jerry Pounds
Sales Manager
FHA Specialist
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
MAC M7590-021
5541 Walnut Street, Suite 203
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
412.383.4961 Tel
412.606.6701 Cell
866.496.6889 eFax
jerry.pounds@wellsfargo.com
Jack,

Corey Wilson at Princeton Capital (East Bay) is outstanding and has taken care of my personal purchases as well as many of my clients. His email is coreywilson@princetoncap.com.

Hi Jack!

I would highly recommend Gina Kemsley at Terra Mortgage Banking in Greenbrae. She can be reached at Dir: 415-464-3144 or by email at gkemsley@terramb.com. Believe me, if Gina wasn't one of the best I wouldn't be recommending her to all of my clients.

Good luck and let me know if I can answer anymore questions for you.

Dave Corbin, Coldwell Banker
Happy to assist, Jack. I'm on the Peninsula in San Mateo and have worked w/ folks in your area. If you're in contract already, it shouldn't be a hassle for you. You can simply download our doc checklist from our site and check off the applicable items as you go. If you're looking for a pre-approval prior to finding a home, then keep in mind that everyone will require updated income/asset documentation prior to final approval if the home search takes longer than expected.
Jack,

We would recommend Amy Yamamoto with Nor Cal Mortgage of Marin. She can be reached at (415) 258-1536 or by e-mail at amy@norcalmortgage.com . For further recommendation you can view remorks about her from her clients at yelp.com. We hope this information is helpful.

Kathy & Mary Kay Yamamoto
RE/MAX of Central Marin
Jack,

These days everything is done online.

Contempo Capital Funding is based in Campbell, CA.. If you can fax or scan the documents once to me, I will take care of it once and for all.

Please go to http://bestcaloans.com and click on Secure Loan Application. Fax or scan me the documents later.

Jacob
Web Reference: http://bestcaloans.com
Don't limit yourself geographically. Anyone with a license in CA can help you. I have references from clients and Realtors in Marin County and know it well. Call me for details. Available now on my cell at 818-515-1475.

Don Maher
20 year mortgage lender
For time savings you can apply on our secure website http://www.mortgagefundingloans.com. We are approved with multiple lenders & have provided California borrowers with top level service since 1984.