Financing in Orlando>Question Details

T, Both Buyer and Seller in Florida

Can you get home loan with a poor credit score?

Asked by T, Florida Mon Jun 24, 2013

I am in the market to purchase a home in Florida. Deposit is not a problem and job wise is not a problem. However, the score is just not there. Everyone seems to be looking for high scores, which is something I do not have. Is there anyone out there that willing to take someone with a poor credit score and if so what is the lowest they will take? I am looking for any lenders that can help me or anyone who knows someone I can contact to help me.

Answers

7
What are you considering a low score, moreover what are the issues causing this low score? Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, slow pay, no pay, short sale?

VP
I think you can get approved with the right lender, but do not go lender to lender, find a broker or service that helps you find the right type of loan. I have had clients get approved by The Lenders Network when they had under 600 scores so I would try them out first.
You refer to a low score... what are the scores? More importantly, what are the issues on the credit that are giving you a low score?
T,

With the state of the current economy many people find themselves with a less then perfect credit score. So you are not alone.

I work with several quality home builders who have their own in-house lending, that will allow you to put a deposit down on a new construction home, and enroll you in a credit program to get you where you need to be by the time the new home is complete and ready for you to move in. The best part is the credit program is free of charge.

Let me know if I can provide you with a list of home builders that I work with and/or help you find that perfect home while working on you credit.

Michael D. Bellamy, P.A.,
REALTOR®, NHSE, SFR, BPOR, CDPE
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc
407.536.MIKE(6453) (direct)
407.622.2122 (office)
407-567-7551 (fax)
michael@michaelbellamy.net
Search the MLS: http://www.michaelbellamy.net
Know Your Options: http://www.shortsalemyhome.info
"The Standard of Excellence"
We can go down to 580 under certain circumstances. Additional requirements apply. It also depends what is in your credit report. Give me a call if you want to discuss further.

Jose Morales
Florida Mortgage Coach
561-432-9237
info@floridamortgagecoach.com
Hi T,
So what do you consider poor credit? Some banks might be willing to work with you depending on the circumstances. Cannot say for sure though until they speak with you. If you would like, give me a call or send me an email and I would be glad to put you in touch with a few lenders. You just might be closer than you think!
Sylvia Paul
Realty Center
(407) 864-3139
sylvia@sylviapaulrocks.com
Do you know what your score actually is and what is being reported to bring them down? Feel free to contact me to discuss...