Financing in 33618>Question Details

Saini Mitche…, Other/Just Looking in Livonia, MI

Can two or more people co-sign on a house mortgage?

Asked by Saini Mitchell, Livonia, MI Tue Aug 4, 2009

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 33618

Answers

7
The simple answer is yes - absolutely you can have more than one person sign on a mortgage. However, as the others have also suggested, think it through carefully AND always consult an attorney who is familiar with the laws in your region/state. They will be in the best position to explain your options and help you determine the best way to move forward.

Best of luck!

--Tim
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 9, 2009
yes, two or more people can co-sign on a house mortgage, but it has own advantages and disadvantages... By co-signing on a house mortgage, you share the risk of payment but it can also have its own disadvantages...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 7, 2009
Dear Saini Mitchell,

Although you can, I would be very careful about buying with a partner. Should one of you want to sell and the other doesn't you may have to go to court to get the judge to order a "partition" sale.

Of course if you want to take advantage of these prices and have a parent willing to act as a non-occupant co-borrower it may be a great way to take advantage of the $8,000 first time home buyer rebate.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, P.A.
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
813.244.9898
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 6, 2009
3 people sign for a second mortgage one person has since died, the person residing in the house has filed a chapter 13 how ill this effect the third person
Don't do it unless you have thought out all the possibilities! Will you have a partnership agreement? What happens if one of the signers can't pay their share? How will title be held? Can one of the partners sell their share? Think it through is my advise!
YOu absolutely can have more than 2 people sign on a home mortgage. You need to discuss why you are doing this with your lender so they can structure the loans AND the title work properly.

If you have any questions, I would love to help . YOu can email or call me.
Hello Saini,

Actually yes, FHA financing allows for even non-occupying co-borrowers. For instance a parent or parents may co-sign for a child looking to purchase a home. If you would like any more information on any financing needs in Florida, feel free to contact me.

Joshua Lerette
Innovative Mortgage
727-488-7355
josh@thetbmortgagepro.com