Financing in 19460>Question Details

Frank  A, Other/Just Looking in Phoenixville, PA

Can anyone weigh in on experiences with either Wells Fargo or Suntrust Mortgage?

Asked by Frank A, Phoenixville, PA Mon Apr 20, 2009

thanks

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 19460

Answers

10
Jennifer Daywalt’s answer
Good Afternoon Frank,

I have had no dealings with Suntrust Mortgage however 90% of my dealings are with Wells Fargo so I can comment on their service. Wells Fargo has very low fees compared to some of the other lenders. Also their underwriting is done in house which gives them more control. Their rates are great and right in line with most. However they are always available should you have any questions and they service their loans meaning they don't sell the mortgage to another company. This can be very valuable. Kim Kozelsky is who I refer and she can be reached at 610-970-0940. Good Luck.

Jennifer Daywalt, Realtor
Re/Max Results Realty
Top Realtor 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Author of "Ask The Realtor" in The Phoenix Newspaper
610-999-7693 - Direct
610-489-7355 Main Office
Sellinghomesjenn@aol.com
I have used Wells Fargo for 14 years and have nothing but great things to say about them.
When you're searching for a mortgage there are a few things you should consider:

1) Do you know the lender (e.g. the bank) and do they know you? If you have a relationship often times they can be more helpful. However, larger institutions may need to conform to their own guidelines. Many times members of a local credit union will receive favorable results where a large multi-national may not be able to help.

2) Do you have any benefits as a member of a union? It only takes a moment to find out. The Federal Police and Fire Fighter's union certainly does and they do a great job!

3) Would it benefit you to go to a specialist? Companies like Gateway Funding -- mortgage specialists -- are a great resource and explore far more options on your behalf. Many times they're able to back mortgages through private money lenders or as a "portfolio" loan if institutional lenders are unwilling to fund it.

Best of luck!

Myles Kellam
myles.kellam@gmail.com
I would advise to focus more on the loan officer themselves, and also shop around for the best rate/financing for your situation.
To add to Eileen, -
YES! it is the smaller brokerages or ONLINE ones. We recently had a client that insisted on using Quicken and they ended up having a terrible experience. It was like going to Home Depot, and having someone there handle an order for you, and then when you go back, they aren't there and you have to start over.

You really want to have someone that is local, that you can call and meet with face to face.

Warmest Regards,
Chris LaGarde
Buyers Specialist
The Cindy Dickerman Team
Keller Williams Real Estate

Email \\ chris@cindydickerman.com
Direct \\ 484.995.9318
Office \\ 610.363.4300
Fax \\ 610.363.4399
Web \\ http://www.cindydickerman.com
100 Campbell Blvd,Suite 106,
Exton, Pa 19341
PA License #: RS300476
Those are the two lenders that handle most of my clients mortgage business. Both have given excellent service and at reasonable rates, without lots of add-on fees.

I agree with Chris, below, that the consultant or loan officer at the local level determines much of the quality of the experience.

What I HAVE had trouble with is small mgtg brokers, expecially if they are from out of the immediate area where the home is being purchased. lots of broken promises..........
I am very familiar with Wells Fargo...I work with one of their representatives on a regular basis and he's second to none! If you'd like his name and contact information, please give me a call at (610) 324-5240 or shoot me an email.

I've had no personal dealings with Suntrust Mortgage.

I hope this helps. Good luck in your home search.

Warmly,
Judy

Judy May, Esquire, REALTOR
"A Refreshingly Different Real Estate Experience"
http://www.JudysFineHomes.com
http://www.CollegevilleAreaHomes.com
Judy.May@Century21.com
CENTURY 21 Alliance
2828 Audubon Village Drive
Audubon PA 19403
O: 610.666.0202 c. 226
C: 610.324.5240 (preferred)
F: 610.666.1942

Search 1000s of homes!
http://www.CollegevilleAreaHomes.com
Frank,

As a Realtor, I have had numerous, successful transactions with Wells Fargo. I have not had any deals with Sun Trust. One of my closest friends bought a home through me and I recommended and she used Wells Fargo and has not had any problems with them either.
We at Century 21 Associates have used Wells Fargo without any major concerns. Don't know Suntrust though.

Terrence Charest, e-Pro
Frank,
I am a Buyer's Specialist with Keller Williams in Exton. One of the Mortgage Consultants that I recommend to my clients is with Wells Fargo. Granted, the level of service is more determined by the actual Consultant, not the company, I can say that I am very impressed with Wells Fargo. They have a lot of great programs, and offer VERY competitive rates and fees.
Any closing I have had with Wells Fargo has been very smooth and taken 45 minutes or less.

If you would like to talk to the gentleman I recommend, please let me know, I would be happy to send you his information.

Warmest Regards,
Chris LaGarde
Buyers Specialist
The Cindy Dickerman Team
Keller Williams Real Estate

Email \\ chris@cindydickerman.com
Direct \\ 610.363.4383
Office \\ 610.363.4300
Fax \\ 610.363.4399
Web \\ http://www.cindydickerman.com
100 Campbell Blvd,Suite 106,
Exton, Pa 19341