Financing in 29824>Question Details

Kylan, Home Buyer in 29824

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get a USDA loan?

Asked by Kylan, 29824 Wed Jul 1, 2009

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 29824

Answers

4
If your credit is so so it is a easy loan process. Go to the USDA web site below and check income guidelines. If they work call USDA direct.
Web Reference: http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/
Kylan-
It is not the most difficult loan to obtain and not the easiest. Just looking at the basic guidelines, you will see a couple of things:
* Maximum financing. We are talking a loan product whereby you could essentially walk into a closing with a pen and leave with a home. Lenders will want to see that you have a clean credit profile, can afford the loan and also have some cash in the bank after the close.
* Strict Income Requirements. The debt ratios for a USDA loan are approx 29/41, meaning that your approved mortgage payment will need to be around 29% of your gross monthly income and your total debts will not exceed 41% of it. USDA does not waiver very much from that whereas FHA loans will be more flexible.
* Loan Limitations. While there is no written maximum property purchase price that limits you, there are income limitations per county and based on household numbers that, by default, limit your purchase price. FHA has no such limitations.

If you have any questions about USDA financing or need an approval, you are welcome to contact me.
Luke Allison
Bank of America Home Loans
828-777-8828
luke.allison@bankofamerica.com
Kylan- it is not too hard, as long a sboth the property qualifies and your income is within the moderate limits. See the article I wrote as a featured zillow author, and check my trulia blog. a 620 credit score is generally the minimum.

http://www.zillow.com/blog/mortgage/2009/05/11/100-financing…
Qualifying for a USDA loan is no more involved than qualifying for other financing programs. In fact, in some circumstances it may be the only option available to a borrower. No money down - this is a great program if you are buying in an approved area.