Financing in Santa Clara>Question Details

Taza Guru, Home Buyer in Sunnyvale, CA

Can a person with 1 years of work experience, one and half six-digit salary after 5 years of career break get an FHA loan?

Asked by Taza Guru, Sunnyvale, CA Tue Jan 7, 2014

I was discussing with a friend and he was not sure and I thought I will post for him - here is the question: . Can a person with 1 year of work experience after 5 years of career break (with continued work to establish professional good standing) get an FHA loan? . He currently makes one and half times, six-digit salary at a Fortune 100 company in a full-time job capacity with benefits. He can demonstrate his work experience before and after the career break

Answers

9
Pretty sure the answer is YES.

I just obtained loan approval for a recent college grad with less than one year work experience and very limited credit history. Required using a mortgage broker to find the right lender.

No cost/risk to talk to a mortgage advisor. Here are two that I recommend:

Kimie Seaton, The Loan Story, kimie@theloanstory.com, 408.691.9320

Chris Bridgman, Absolute Mortgage, cbridgman@absolutemortgage.com, 650.543.8019
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 8, 2014
Many lenders can do this for you Taza. Just like any consumer it is best to shop around for the best price. I would be more than happy to give you a quote so you can compare.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
Flag Thu Jan 9, 2014
Thanks Bryan. I will forward this message to my friend and hope he gets to buy a home.
Flag Thu Jan 9, 2014
Second point - no need to make FHA a requirement. Most lenders go 5% down, and some to 3% down. And their PMI rates/terms are usually better than FHA. Talk to a mortgage advisor.
Flag Wed Jan 8, 2014
FHA requires one DAY back on the job after being out of the work force. A letter of explanation as to why there was a break in employment is always recommended so the underwriter can understand what/why this occurred.
Underwriting guidelines state that one day back on the job is acceptable
With FHA, this is 100% acceptable.
Conventional would require 6 months back on job before using the income.

I would be happy to discuss with either one of you.

You may contact me email claudia@divmg.com or phone 510-303-1174.

I am located in Fremont if you would like to make an appointment to discuss in person.
At face value, as stated, I do not see an issue with the job history for qualification. Of course, your friend should get in touch with an experienced lender that is able and willing to explore all options while fully vetting for any other issues. This is the key to a painless and smooth homebuying process.

I am available to help if needed.

Robert L. Hanson
Gladewater National Bank
First Time Homebuyer Specialist

Direct: 240-752-7549
Email: rhanson@gladewaternational.com
NMLS# 695929

Rate quote or live chat with me at the link below:

http://www.loansfromrob.com/quote/
Yes. If you want to get an FHA pre-approval today go to http://www.PurchaseApplication.com. You can choose the no credit check option or complete approval. If you want to talk about it give me a call. We are a federally chartered National Bank and close FHA purchase business in 10-15 days.

Chris Hazlewood
National Director
678-679-6058
877-455-4677 x 6058
chris@purchaseapplication.com
Taza,

One year of documentable work back on the job, in a W-2 position, even with the gap, can be possible. Keep in mind the lender will still aim to document a 2-year work history, so take the current year and then patch that with employment prior to the gap. If that case can be made, this can be considered.

In this borrower's shoes, I would write an short, but concise "letter of explanation" for the work history. Include all relevant dates, reasons and contact persons, but leave out personal stories and other flourishes. The underwriter is going to want the facts to support what's on the loan application and if you can provide it, you can increase chances of success dramatically.

Let me know if you need help.

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
Tazu,
If I understand correctly, someone who has only been at their current job for a year after a 5 year break of employment, but they have a great income. Assuming this is the case, it will depend on the type of job, commission income needs a longer time period whereas W2, salaried income may be fine, the credit history and potentially what you did during the 5 years. If you were in school, that would be best.
Only a licensed lender with a complete application and documentation can tell you for sure, but I would encourage you to meet with a lender to pursue your options. If you don't qualify now for any reason, you'll find out what you can do to qualify sooner. Find your way to a great local lender.
Good evening Taza, we at Pacificwide Lending have over 20 Lenders that offer FHA Loans. Based upon the information you have provided, I believe that we can help your friend.

Please ask him to call or email me with more details so that we can speak intelligently regarding his options.

Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to hearing from him!

Darren Carlin
Loan Originator / Jr. Partner
CA BRE#01935124
NMLS#1016245
Pacificwide Lending
5506 Sunol Blvd. Suite 200
Pleasanton, CA. 94566
Office: (925) 461-0500
Cell: (925) 872-0695
email: dcarlin@pacificwidelending.com
web: http://www.pacificwidelending.com
Yes. I would be more than happy to get you pre-approved.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
Hi Taza,

Yes, it is possible to get an FHA loan with one year of work experience after a 5 year career break.

Please feel free to forward my contact information to your friend.

Elva A. Wormley
Mortgage Consultant
(408) 615-8500
elva@ewormley.com
C2 Financial Corporation
2845 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 209
San Jose, CA 95128
NMLS #331981 / DRE #01274093