Financing in Baltimore>Question Details

Keith and Sh…, Real Estate Pro in Maryland

Can a log cabin be financed in the State of Maryland?

Asked by Keith and Shannon French, Maryland Mon Sep 10, 2012

We have a client with a 794 mid score, excellent income, and $50K (20%) to put down on a $250K log cabin, and are being told that in the State of Maryland no lender will provide financing on a log cabin because 1) of potential termites; and 2) that the home can be disassembled at any given point in time. Does anyone have knowledge and/or advice about this? Thanks in advance for your time.

Answers

2
Wow, I've never heard of such a thing. But in searching the web it appears they do require special financing. I'm attaching a link that I found that may help in your search.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 10, 2012
Thanks Laura, I'll try to give those listed lenders a call to see what the process is. It seems I learn something new everyday in this business..lol Thanks again!
Flag Mon Sep 10, 2012
You may want to try a Deep Creek lake lender...plenty of log cabins in Garrett County.
Thanks Greg, I'll give them a try!
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012