Financing in 27519>Question Details

Polly, Home Buyer in Cary, NC

Can a foreigner apply for mortgage and buy a house in North Carolina?

Asked by Polly, Cary, NC Wed Jul 3, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 27519

Answers

4
Linda Cromartie’s answer
In my experience working primarily with buyers who work and/or study at Duke or UNC-Chapel Hill, I have found that it depends on the type of visa, as well as employment history and credit scores. If you want to contact me, I can put you in touch with an excellent mortgage broker who will not mislead you.
The short answer is yes. Even if you have no credit history in the United States, lenders can verify your foreign credit. Due to the fact that many countries do not have automated systems, like we do here, the manual verification system will add several extra weeks onto the process. This needs to be taken into consideration when contemplating the due diligence and settlement dates in your Offer to Purchase contract.

Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or needs.

John Davison
Broker
The J. Davison Realty Group
Coldwell Banker Advantage
(919) 449-7721
Yes, you can. I have a lender contact that does this all the time.
Please give me a call
Jim 919-961-1238
You should speak with a local lender to determine your options based on your particular situation. I have found that it depends on many factors all different for each person. If you need help contacting a lender that deals with this type of loan feel free to contact me through Trulia and I will get you in touch with a couple.