Financing in 76137>Question Details

fdurland59, Home Owner in Fort Worth, TX

Can Park Glen have storm shelters?

Asked by fdurland59, Fort Worth, TX Mon May 20, 2013

We live in Tornado Alley, Fort Worth has a program in place for those who choose to protect their families. Storm shelters, How about our HOA?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 76137

Answers

3
Good Morning
Wow this is timely. There are 2 ways that you could create a storm shelter one is by adding a structure above or below grade or you could re-enforce a room in the house with the idea of creating a safe area. Review your HOA Covenants for information. While the HOA will not specifically address storm shelters it will address architectural review standards. These standards will tell you what steps you should take to build a structure. What ever you do make sure that you get the proper permits. Do not trust that you can ask for "forgiveness later" Building standards exist to protect you and your family from poor or incompetent workmanship. Best of luck to you!

John Straub
817-729-4281
john@dfwfamilyrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 21, 2013
Once an owner in Park Glen, it seems to me they wouldn't care.

Ask the city, or do it and ask forgiveness later!?

If the answer is "No!," I will assist you in moving to a place that cares.

Thank you and good luck!

Wyatt Harris
You never know about the HOA in Park Glen, one original neighbor on our street who had kept her home and curb appeal great was harassed because of the color of her fence (original when home built color, kept in great condition). I live across the street and I & my other neighbors got very upset with the HOA for harassing this little widow lady about getting possible fines etc if she didn't change the color, which by the way matched perfectly with her house door and facia trim. All the while the illegal 8 ft fence facing the road and 12X14 ft storage bldg. behind me and iron fence behind me, with a barn roof and the red roof across the greenway, all illegal per our HOA contract but not as important as harassing this old lady about the color of her original fence (always that color) since home was built. She would come across the street to talk with me shaking in a almost panic attack about it. I was ready to ship the HOA President to North Korea where they treat people the same. FD
Flag Mon Dec 30, 2013
The HOA would be required to approve most likely a city permit .

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease