Financing in Norwalk>Question Details

Scott Jacobs…, Home Buyer in 07645

Can I still get an 80-10-10 or an 80-15-5 in CT or are these extinct?

Asked by Scott Jacobson, 07645 Mon Jun 28, 2010

Answers

6
Lisa Jones’ answer
Yes, you can IF all your financials are very good...I would be happy to refer you to lenders who have recently facilitated such loans in my recent closings, so call me anytime at 203-218-6664.
Happy to help!
Lisa
My office just closed one of those. Had not seen them in a while but they do exist. Call me if you would like more details. I represent buyers all over Fairfield County (including Norwalk) and can assist you wit your search and closing.
I have a lender that will do an 80-9-11. Although i am not 100% sure if it is ok for purchase money. If you are interersted feel free to drop me a line.

Matt
You can get 80-5-15, but I do not believe anyone is going to 90CLTV. If you only have 5% to put down, I would consider FHA. Even with the up-front MIP fee, because the rate for the monthly MIP is so much less than the rate for the monthly PMI, you are way ahead. Besides that, in certain areas you may not be able to get PMI on 95% if it is considered a declining market.
What type of purchase price are you considering? That will make a big difference when considering this type of financing all together. If you are talking about a high end purchase, you will not be able to get as much.
Maybe, just maybe, a local branch of Wells or B of A may do it, but the good news is that you can get up to a 95% conventional loan now.

Yes, you pay PMI but the rates are so low, it won't matter that much.

Fre
Web Reference: http://fglick.com
Scott,
If you can find a lender that is willing to give you a loan like that please forward the information onto me. They have been extinct for a while now.