Financing in Oregon>Question Details

themallerys, Home Buyer in Redmond, OR

Can I get approved for a home loan if I was on title to a property that foreclosed but not on the actual loan?

Asked by themallerys, Redmond, OR Wed Mar 13, 2013

My husband had the mortgage in his name only but I was on title to the house. Would I have to wait the 3 years? I am in Oregon and the transfer of title was October 2011. I have decent (700) credit. I would be using both of our incomes to apply. Is there any kind of Mortgage available in this situation?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Oregon

Answers

2
If the loan application asks about whether you have had a LOAN that was foreclosed, then you would not have been foreclosed. Check with a lender. I recommend Bill Morris of PMB Lending 503-409-5421. Let me know how it goes :)
You are still part of the foreclosed property. BUT I would still try - some lenders might other lenders wont but you wont know til you actually talk to a lender.