Financing in Somerset>Question Details

Chowdary, Home Buyer in Somerset County, NJ

Can I get FHA loan on H1B visa without separate EAD? Urgent pleaseeeeeee!!!!!!!! Any Mortgage consultants working with Major banks please contact me?

Asked by Chowdary, Somerset County, NJ Fri Dec 7, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Aruna Mettler’s answer
Mr. Chowdary,
Thanks for a wonderful question that has been on people's minds with H1B Visa. I have done several transactions with clients on H!B Visa. It is not a problem at all. Prudential has our in house direct lender, Mr. Robert Tronolone who can get you qualified without a hitch. I will be very glad to find you a home and support you through the whole process from initial stages to a closing.
My cell # 732-371-8349.
Take care,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
I have a house on under-contract, Could you please introduce Mr. Robert Tronolone?

Flag Sun Dec 9, 2012
I am Camille Marotta, the Branch Mananger from Residential Home Funding with 30 years of experience in the industry. Since you are in Somerset my branch is in Ocean County and our main headquarters are in Parsippany, NJ.

The answer to your questions is simple. You do not need an EAD if you have your H1B. Getting a EAD number will terminate your existing H1B status.

So the answer to your question is yes. We are a major lender with an outstanding customer service platform. So if you need additional information or would like to speak to me I would be happy to take your call or e-mail.

Camille Marotta NMLS 9838 732-539-9300 Cell 848-223-7962 Office
Branch Manager #199
Residential Home Funding
7 Pelican Drive, Suite 3
Bayville, NJ 08721
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
I recommend giving Montgomery Mortgage Solutions (Belle Mead, NJ) a call. 866-727-0505. Ask for Vibha.

Best of luck to you.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
I discussed this scenario (H-1B without an EAD) with our underwriters back in the end of October for someone else. For FHA, we are fine without an EAD. We would require:

1. Copy of the H-1B Visa.
2. Copy of the unexpired passport with I-94 (Arrival-Departure Record).
3. Copy of an approved I-797 form.

Shane Milne | Lending in all 50 states | NMLS #81195
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer