Financing in 07104>Question Details

Owner2012, Home Owner in 07104

Can I be approved for a mortgage without my spouse? I have worked to repair my credit and he lost his job. We have equity in our home about $20-30g.

Asked by Owner2012, 07104 Mon Jan 2, 2012

My income 70,000 credit score 690 Chap 7 discharged in 2010- Looking for FHA in Fall of 2012. Have current mortgage, Motor vehicle loan and one revolving credit card with a 0 balance

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 07104

Answers

11
The answer is Yes. If you are legally married and it is your primary residence.
Your husband will remain on all title. Call First Prestige Mortgage Services....
and all of your questions will be answered to get it done
973-744-8300 or 888-FHA-ROAD.
Hi, Owner2012. Yes, you can apply for a mortgage w/o your spouse. However, for FHA, its a 24 month wait from the discharge date of a Chapter 7. If a property was included in the Chapter 7, its then a 3 year wait.
Owner,

You do not need our spouse to obtain a mortgage, but the amount allowed to be borrowed will be much less. I'd take Diane's advice and contact multipe DIRECT LENDERS. The current FHA loans are 3.5% down with substantial seller's concessions provided the property appraisers . .. but in my experience all proepties today are appraising for $10k over contract price (can u say another scandle in the future . . . yup!).

Give Ap;ril Ranello a call @ 773.435.0979, senior mortgage consultant, directr lender (avoid the "broker" fees). Tell her Francesca sent you. No kickbacks, simply a way for me to gauge how she is servicing my clients. I am no nonsensce . ... 1 2 4 negative feedback and you are out!

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate,, ePro, SRES
Francesca@Patrizio.RE.com
732.606.2931 (Direct/Cell 24/7)
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Can you, yes. But, it will depend on how much of a mortgage you want. Speak with a mortgage rep to find out, and I suggest you speak to more than one person. Wells Fargo is an excellent mortgage lender, and try someone where you personally bank, too. Then speak to at least one mortgage broker and find yourself the best deal.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Looks like you have a good plan in place! Yes you can get a mortgage in one name only. You should now speak to a mortgage lender , explain your entire situation and let them make recommendations for you so you can achieve your goals in 2012. If you need a recommendation for lenders, please contact me and I would be happy to give you a few to call and/ or meet with. Certainly, if I can be of any help as a Realtor, please contact me as well.

Happy New Year!
Carol
Yes, the mortgage can be only in your name if approved.
Web Reference: http://ninaharrishomes.com
2012 will be your year of exceeding your Goals! Start Packing & Prepare for your Move. If you were pleased with previous LO; contact her or email me for assistance
Your best bet would be to speak to a mortgage lender that can advise you on whether or not you qualify for a FHA loan after a recent bankruptcy.

Good luck to you!
Yes, if you qualify you can be approved for a mortgage of your own, therefore visit with any licensed loan officer; after reviewing your overall financial information a determination can be made.
Hi Owner2012,
It is possible to get a loan without your spouse if you meet the basic lender requirements. I am located in South Jersey. I have been working with the same lender for over 10 years, he is very knowledgeable and helpful. He would be happy to discuss that with you. Feel free to email me and i can get you his contact info. len.sells.homes@gmail.com
Happy New Year!
I would call a local lender and ask them but from what I know you shouldn't have to have your spouse on the loan with you.