Financing in Santa Ana>Question Details

may, Other/Just Looking in Santa Ana, CA

Banks or financial institutions lending to non-residents?

Asked by may, Santa Ana, CA Thu Sep 4, 2008

I am looking to buy a cheap condo in Santa Ana, CA. My budget is $100K. I have $50K cash to put as downpayment, and need to borrow the other $50K. Does anyone know any bank or financial institution willing to lend me (a non-resident) this amount?

Thanks for any pointer.

Answers

2
May,

With 50% down you shouldn't have any problem with financing. We would recommend beginning with the bank you normally do business with. They will be able to refer you to a US bank that might be able to provide the most favorable terms.

One of our customers from London, Onterio actually found a branch of his bank in our location with superior terms. Start with your own bank, it may be able to help more than you can imagine.

The "Eckler Team"
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 4, 2008
Bill Eckler: Thank you, Bill, for your suggestion. I will check it out with my bank manager here in Australia. Although a lot of times, I often have to educate her instead of the other way around - as we have investment properties in Australia.

Marty: Thank you, for your reply. I will email you with questions.