Financing in 37174>Question Details

Tnhomebuyer, Home Buyer in 37174

Bad Credit Home Buying...we have extra money to improve score but do not know where to start..

Asked by Tnhomebuyer, 37174 Tue May 11, 2010

My husband and I want to buy a home. We both have credit scores under 600. 2 years ago we both had scores close to 700 (we were making payments on things had a large car loan, exc we basically rebuilt it) and my husband was in a bad fire, that we are just now recovered from. I have a steady work history and we can afford to pay off some debt but I'm not sure what we should pay. I have also been told that you can get things deleted off your report if you can find someone to work with you. What should we do next?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 37174

Answers

4
Jack Allen’s answer
Give me a call and I will see if I can assist you.
There are Lenders that will work with you to get your score up.
Once you get your score up we can work with you to find you a Home
that you qualify for.
If you have not had a home in your name in the past 3 years
you can purchase as a first time home buyer.
Lets talk to see what we can do for you.
One option might be to look at a lease purchase. If you can lock in a purchase price for a year or 2 and continue to rebuild your credit, you may find it much easier to qualify for a mortgage after the terms of the lease are up. Also, many times you can ask the seller to apply part of your monthly payment towards your overall down payment.

As far as deleting items off of your credit report: You can get a free credit report from all 3 reporting agencies once a year. If there are any items that are not correct, simply request the item be removed. The agencies will have 30 days to verify the information with the company that reported the "incorrect" info. And if they do not reply to the agencies within 30 days, it will be removed.

I hope this was helpful, please let me know if you have any questions.
Christian Fraser
Realtor With:
Benchmark Realty
FraserProperties@Gmail.com
http://www.FSBOmls.Weebly.com
615-394-0180 Cell
615-371-1544 Office
You may want to contact Whitney Sidwell. I don't think she deletes anything off of credit reports, but she does have a program that analyzes your credit scores and the difference it would make if you pay certain things off. I have had clients use this in the past, and it has worked wonderfully. It is pretty quick--two weeks maximum, as she works directly with the 3 credit bureaus. It is fee based--her fee is $250-$300, and each account to rescore is around $30. It is an excellent service to use.

Whitney Sidwell
Credit Specialist
Mortgage Investors Group
1307 West Avenue
Crossville, TN 38555
Phone: 931.707.1470
Fax: 931.707.1411
Email: whitney.sidwell@migonline.com
Web Reference: http://www.RotarTeam.com
I believe this is a duplicate question.